Need Help with Integration? Let Us Solve Your Integral! | I = 5/(3+4sinx)

• Thread starter CaspianTiger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, the conversation is about solving an integral using the method of substitution. The integral in question is 5/(3+4sinx). Different methods are suggested, including using long division and/or partial fractions, and ∫1/x^2+or-a^2. One person also suggests using a wolf integrator, but the answer is deemed to be incorrect. Ultimately, the conversation ends with one person thanking the other for pointing out a mistake in their calculations.
CaspianTiger
I am trying to solve this integral. Any help would be great.

I 5/(3+4sinx)

I tried suddinb t=tan x/2 but it gives me a result of:

=5 I (1+x^2)/(3+11x)

I am not sure what to do with this or if this is the right emthod any help would be great.

Thanks

Using I for integration sign.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi CaspianTiger! :smile:

(have an integral: ∫ :wink:)
CaspianTiger said:
∫ 5/(3+4sinx)

I tried suddinb t=tan x/2 but it gives me a result of:

=5 ∫ (1+x^2)/(3+11x)

I am not sure what to do with this or if this is the right emthod any help would be great.

Are you sure (1+t2)dt/(3+11t) is right?

Anyway, then you use long division and/or partial fractions. :wink:

tiny-tim said:
Hi CaspianTiger! :smile:

(have an integral: ∫ :wink:)

Are you sure (1+t2)dt/(3+11t) is right?

Anyway, then you use long division and/or partial fractions. :wink:

Hmm... I am not sure if this is right. I am just following a method from a book. But it doesn't have an example like this one.

Usually with these problems from the book, you have to use ∫1/x^2+or-a^2

To get the result (1+t2)dt/(3+11t)

I made 3+4sinx = 3+ 8t/(1+t^2)

Then i add them and put them back into the integral. Usually i have a t^2 in the denominator. SO i am confused by this one. The wolf integrator has an insane answer though.

CaspianTiger said:
I made 3+4sinx = 3+ 8t/(1+t^2)

(just got up :zzz:)

ah, but 3+ 8t/(1+t2) = (3+ 8t + 3t2)/(1+t2) :wink:

Greetings,
I'm not so good in integrations, but I tryed to solve it with Mathematica, and I got this answer

(5 I (121 x^2-66 x+260 log(11 x+3)-27))/2662

Hopefully it can help.

tiny-tim said:
(just got up :zzz:)

ah, but 3+ 8t/(1+t2) = (3+ 8t + 3t2)/(1+t2) :wink:

What a stupid mistake.

Thanks.

1. What is an integration?

An integration is the process of combining different components or systems together to create a unified and functional whole. It involves linking two or more systems or processes to work together seamlessly.

2. Why do I need help with an integration?

Integrating different components or systems can be a complex and technical process that requires specialized knowledge and skills. Seeking help with an integration can ensure that it is done efficiently and effectively, saving time and resources.

3. How can I find help with an integration?

There are various resources available for finding help with an integration. You can seek assistance from experts in the field, online forums and communities, or hire a professional integration service provider. It is important to choose a reliable and experienced source for assistance.

4. What are the benefits of a successful integration?

A successful integration can result in improved efficiency, increased productivity, and cost savings. It can also lead to better communication and collaboration between different systems or processes, providing a more seamless experience for users.

5. How long does an integration process take?

The time it takes to complete an integration process can vary depending on the complexity of the systems involved and the level of expertise of the individuals or team working on it. It is important to plan and allocate enough time for the integration to be completed successfully.