Help What's Going On with Beta?

• Thread starter Robert Mak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beta
In summary: Well I am in the first (university) year, so i met a girl called "beta". So i introduced myself to beta and we talked like 1 hour and she laugh, etc. so we had a good conversation.And in the next days, we crossed sometimes in the path, and she just go away without saying nothing. WTF is that...So i had the courage again to go and talk to her again, so when i talked to her she just talk, but not seeing my eyes...What should i do?her behaviour is a shy girl, likes to study, silent in the class, and in the class she only had 1 friend.I need help quicky
tehno said:
What's 2 on your scale?
I don't dare ask what's 1...

We don't normally talk about anything below 5. :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
"I had a virgin once. I had to go to Guatamala for her. She was blind in one eye, and she had a stuffed alligator that said 'Welcome to Miami Beach'."
- obscure movie reference (2 full points if you get it)

I think we need a hint, Dave!

Robert Mak said:
Well I am in the first (university) year, so i met a girl called "beta". So i introduced myself to beta and we talked like 1 hour and she laugh, etc. so we had a good conversation.

And in the next days, we crossed sometimes in the path, and she just go away without saying nothing. WTF is that...

So i had the courage again to go and talk to her again, so when i talked to her she just talk, but not seeing my eyes...

What should i do?
her behaviour is a shy girl, likes to study, silent in the class, and in the class she only had 1 friend.

I need help quicky! (i had 18 years old and she too)
Go talk to her again, and ask her out.

If that doesn't work, tell her that you will pick up Friday at 1800 (6 pm) and take her a reasonably nice place to eat. Don't keep her out late, and walk her to the door.

Don't forget to get her phone number and address.

If she says absolutely not! Move on.

Me and some of my mates had actions which would rate girls in the pub - but most are x-rated :tongue: :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:biggrin: You're officially allowed to speak on our behalf.

And, I just can't see how that would work at all..."You study all the time for math, but I'm still doing better than you in the class. Wanna go out?" :rofl: Robert, do you have a death wish? Because, unless you want to take a calculus text to the back of the head, I suggest you avoid that approach.

I'm confused by this whole thread...she's friendly but shy, you want to go out with her, but she had a boyfriend and doesn't now, and she studies all the time, so you don't want to go out with her, but you are still doing better in the class than her and you want to know if that would impress her so you can go out with her. :confused:

LOL! Girls are so confused in life! I mean, the thread's pretty simple to follow, do gals like to make life difficult?

Mike628 said:
Shy girls are ... be as charming as you can so she'll open up to you, and once that happens, you got her. =]

Hehe, totally dude. Read up some jokes or something... get her to laugh...

Astronuc said:
take her a reasonably nice place to eat.

McDonalds lol:biggrin:

read up on jokes? why not let natural humour take its course? People are the funniest when it isn't forced humour

radou said:
I don't agree with the numbering system, unless it applies to bra size. o:) :biggrin:
JasonRox said:
We don't normally talk about anything below 5. :yuck:
Shouldn't it always result in an even number - a number divisible by 2?:biggrin:

I don't think I like the ranking system either, it could really damage a girls self esteem (which after its gone through all the critisms of girls is fairly low usually any way)

rhuthwaite said:
I don't think I like the ranking system either, it could really damage a girls self esteem (which after its gone through all the critisms of girls is fairly low usually any way)

The girl criticism is a good point. You reminded me of a few 'girl-talks' i ear-witnessed recently. Boy, girls/women sure can be tough on each other.

more than you know

just do what i do and TELL the girl she's going on a date with you...

it shows you can take charge, are confident, and are a jerk...3 things girls go nuts over

okay I've only done it once...but it did work

rhuthwaite said:
more than you know
Yes, indeed. And to take it down one more level, we're pretty hard on ourselves. Perhaps to prepare ourselves for the more punishing levels coming up.
Social "power" is all about who gets to do the judging and who gets judged.

hover said:
McDonalds lol:biggrin:
Do you have GLC over in the US?
I'll give you a rose, pull out your chair when we eat
**** I can't, 'cos In McDonalds it's a bolted seat
Don't matter 'cos I'm here with you
With a medium value meal and a chocolate sundae too

Later on I'll come and help you sign on
I'll stare into your eyes, the housing benefits gone wrong
Don't worry baby it won't take too long
I'm just sitting, I'm just waiting, I'm just writing this song
You know that, time passes and I'm loving every second
Buying chips for you is as lovely as I reckoned
You're Victoria Spice, I'm David Beckham
If you were Dellboy, I'd be the streets of Peckham
Why don't you come to me, why can't you see
My love for you is like Matt Bolan to a tree
:cool: :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin: :cool:

Safe as!

Today i expressed my feelings to her, She told me that; she just want to meet new friends and she is still hurt by her boyfriend.
I feel good, that now i can continue to achieve my goals.
Sometimes I am like obsessed to find the answer.
And thanks for the help!:smile:

Robert Mak said:
Today i expressed my feelings to her, She told me that; she just want to meet new friends and she is still hurt by her boyfriend.
I feel good, that now i can continue to achieve my goals.
Sometimes I am like obsessed to find the answer.
And thanks for the help!:smile:

They always just want to meet new friends, and they're always still hurt by their boyfriends. :biggrin:

Just kidding. Thumbs up, Robert & good luck! :wink:

radou said:
They always just want to meet new friends, and they're always still hurt by their boyfriends. :biggrin:
Indeed... yeah always

radou said:

Unfortunately, yeah, that's pretty much how it goes...but that "hurt" goes away really quickly if you meet someone you really want to date, so just wanting to meet new friends is usually exactly what it means.

Should i still talk to her?, cause she's in my class... or should i never talk to her?

Robert Mak said:
Should i still talk to her?, cause she's in my class... or should i never talk to her?

If you want to keep talking to her, why not? You never know, her attitude might change once she gets to know you better...just don't count on it and get your heart broken over it.

Robert Mak said:
... or should i never talk to her?

That wouldn't exactly be the wisest choice. :wink:

Today i got a feeling of revenge toward her and i don't know why?
Do you experience that?

What is a feeling of revenge?

Robert Mak said:
Today i got a feeling of revenge toward her and i don't know why?
Do you experience that?

Why do you want to seek revenge against her; the poor girl's not done anything to you! You wanted to be more than friends, but she told you straight that she doesn't. She's been honest with you, and hasn't led you on or anything.

I think you need to let this one go, and just be friends with her, and stop obsessing over a girl you hardly know!

cristo said:
I think you need to let this one go, and just be friends with her...

..or don't, since that doesn't always work out. But on the other side, friendship can lead to a relationship. It all depends. :rolleyes:

radou said:
..or don't, since that doesn't always work out.

Very true, perhaps I should rephrase, and say that he should let it go, and just be friendly towards her, and see if a friendship does happen.

But on the other side, friendship can lead to a relationship. It all depends. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure whether this happens very often, at least not in my experience. Either way though, he needs to let go, since if he approaches a friendship whilst really wanting a relationship, I very much doubt it will work!

cristo said:
I'm not sure whether this happens very often, at least not in my experience. Either way though, he needs to let go, since if he approaches a friendship whilst really wanting a relationship, I very much doubt it will work!

I completely agree.

cristo said:
Why do you want to seek revenge against her; the poor girl's not done anything to you! You wanted to be more than friends, but she told you straight that she doesn't. She's been honest with you, and hasn't led you on or anything.

I think you need to let this one go, and just be friends with her, and stop obsessing over a girl you hardly know!

Geez, if he's obsessing about her to the point of feeling like he wants revenge for being rejected, maybe he shouldn't try being friends with her...just stay away! That's not at all normal. Angry, or hurt, sure, normal reactions, but desiring revenge? That sounds...well, pathological. Robert, if you're feeling that extreme of a reaction to being turned down by someone you didn't even know yet, you probably should talk to someone about that. That's not a healthy response at all. Save the feelings of revenge for the long-term girlfriend who cheats on you and dumps you for the other guy (still don't act on them).

Moonbear said:
Geez, if he's obsessing about her to the point of feeling like he wants revenge for being rejected, maybe he shouldn't try being friends with her...just stay away! That's not at all normal. Angry, or hurt, sure, normal reactions, but desiring revenge? That sounds...well, pathological. Robert, if you're feeling that extreme of a reaction to being turned down by someone you didn't even know yet, you probably should talk to someone about that. That's not a healthy response at all. Save the feelings of revenge for the long-term girlfriend who cheats on you and dumps you for the other guy (still don't act on them).

I agree, it is abnormal to be feeling like he wants revenge for girl rejecting him, and your advice is good; to stay away while he's feeling like this. I suspect (/hope) that this is just an overexaggeration, and he doesn't feel like seeking revenge, but just feels angry.

Robert, I think you should just steer clear for a while, and maybe try chatting to her when you've got over this upset and anger. After all, the fact that she was honest with you shows that she's a decent girl! However, if you actually are feeling like seeking revenge, then I second Moonbear; this is not normal, and you should talk to someone about this. IF you're feeling like that over a girl you hardly know, I dread to think what will happen in the future when you break up with a girl who you've been with for a long time. You need to sort out these feelings now, and not wait for that time to come!

I don't know what to do. Should i go and talk to her again (Cause if not i think that she will thougth that I am angry). But if i talk to her i will be crazy again.
lol this is too hard cause she's in my class.
Or what do you think that i should do?

Post scriptum: I am too stupid...

Robert Mak said:
I don't know what to do. Should i go and talk to her again (Cause if not i think that she will thougth that I am angry). But if i talk to her i will be crazy again.
lol this is too hard cause she's in my class.
Or what do you think that i should do?

After all those people giving you great pieces of advice, you still don't know what to do? :wink:

Robert Mak said:
Post scriptum: I am too stupid...

You're not stupid, you're in love.

Don't. It sounds like you are obsessing over someone you don't know, which is a sure sign that it has nothing to do with her specifically. You should think long and hard about why you feel as you do. Could it be something to do with being impulsive, having to get what you want? Could it be something to do with a negative reaction to her saying that she only wants to find friends, like perhaps you feel she shamed you or you must prove yourself or something?

In other words, determine what this is about because it is definitely not about her. It's certainly not love because one can't love a nondescript person, a girl in the abstract sense. What is this about?

Certanly i know her not too much but enougth to be in love with her, we have talked like many times; and in my life i had never seen a girl like that.
(lol a girl who likes physics, mathematics, and she's not like the ugly smart girls)
Perphaps that's why I am obssesed...
i can't think in other thing neither study, and what can i do to be normal.

Robert Mak said:
Certanly i know her not too much but enougth to be in love with her, we have talked like many times; and in my life i had never seen a girl like that.
(lol a girl who likes physics, mathematics, and she's not like the ugly smart girls)

So what? If you've never seen such a girl in your life, well, that most definitely doesn't mean that you'll never see such one again, right? Think positive.