Exploring the John Titor Story

• Thread starter chief
  • Start date
In summary, there was a man named John Titor who claimed to be a time traveler and shared detailed posts and pictures about his 'time machine' and 'manual' on internet chat rooms. He also made predictions about the future before disappearing. While there is a lot of information about him online, many believe it to be a hoax. There are currently two threads discussing Titor on a skepticism & debunking forum. The conversation is then ended and the thread is locked.
chief
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I searched and couldn't find any threads about it so here goes...

I stumbled across this on the internet one day and found it interesting. Apparently there was a man (John Titor) that appeared on internet chat rooms a few years ago claiming to be a time traveler. Of course everyone's first reaction was that this was a hoax, but he provided some pretty detailed posts about how his 'time machine' worked and also provided some pictures of it and the 'manual'. He also made some rather interesting 'predictions' about the future. He was around for a few months I believe before dissapearing from the chat rooms and message boards, claiming to have gone back to the future.

There is a great deal of information about him on the web. Here is one site that i believe contains all of his posts.

http://www.johntitor.com/

Before you start flaming me, I do not believe that this man was a time traveler, but the story is an interesting to read. Have any of you ever heard of this man, and if so, what are your thoughts?

EDIT: here are some better pictures. http://www.anomalies.net/time_travel/john.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
My opinion is it is a hoax. It appears to be utter nonsense. There are currently two threads on this in skepticism & debunking. The first on John Titor and the second one on another supposed time travelor that knows John.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5396

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=13776

Right. If anybody wants to continue talking about Titor, they should do it on that forum, not here. I am going to lock this thread.

1. Who is John Titor?

John Titor is a name used by an anonymous individual who claimed to be a time traveler from the year 2036. He first appeared on online forums in 2000 and gained attention for his detailed predictions and descriptions of the future.

2. Is the John Titor story true?

There is no definitive proof that the John Titor story is true. Many believe it to be a hoax or a work of science fiction, while others believe it could be a genuine time traveler attempting to share information about the future.

3. What predictions did John Titor make?

John Titor made various predictions about events that would occur in the future, including a civil war in the United States, a nuclear war in 2015, and the collapse of society due to Y2K. None of these predictions have come true.

4. How did John Titor travel through time?

John Titor claimed to use a time machine called the "C204 Gravity Distortion Time Displacement Unit," which was reportedly installed in a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette. He explained that it worked by rotating two micro singularities to create a time vortex.

5. What evidence is there for the John Titor story?

There is no concrete evidence for the John Titor story. Some people have attempted to find evidence by analyzing his predictions and comparing them to current events, but there is no physical proof of his existence or time travel abilities.