Can a Struggling Student Transfer from a 2 Year College to a 4 Year College?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a student not being accepted into a 4 year college after performing poorly at a 2 year college. It is mentioned that in Maryland, having a 2.0 and an AA degree from a community college guarantees admission to some public universities. However, if a student is failing at community college, they may need to reconsider their career path and consider jobs that do not require a degree. The conversation also touches on the topic of sales being viewed as evil and the possibility of technology replacing human labor. The conversation ends with a statement about how no one has an excuse to give into corporate greed and the damage it has caused.
land_of_ice
How badly might a student have to perform at a 2 year college to not be accepted into any 4 year college anywhere? And can it be undone so that you can transfer depending on the reason why?

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends on the state, I guess. In Maryland, some public universities state if you have a 2.0 and an AA degree from a Maryland community college, you get automatic admission.

On the other hand, if you're failing at community college, perhaps you need to reevaluate your life. Perhaps you were just meant to do jobs that don't require a degree. Plenty of people make good money doing sales and other such things with no degree.

Jack21222 said:
Depends on the state, I guess. In Maryland, some public universities state if you have a 2.0 and an AA degree from a Maryland community college, you get automatic admission.

On the other hand, if you're failing at community college, perhaps you need to reevaluate your life. Perhaps you were just meant to do jobs that don't require a degree. Plenty of people make good money doing sales and other such things with no degree.

so did your god, or your view of evolution mean for the people under the category of 'you' to work in sales?
Working in sales is evil; money is the root of all evil , i.e- it would be better to be a nomad than to work for corporate greed.
The monetary system could be replaced by technology today as it stands, i.e.- all jobs that require human labor could be done by machines and we have the technology to create the machines right this very minute.

When you get down to it, no one on Earth ever has an excuse to give into the evils of corporate greed , no human being has an excuse to help corporations become stronger than they already are. They have done enough damage to the rain forests and to the world as it is.

I work in sales, I don't consider myself evil, and I really resent you insulting me like that.

Last edited:
Thread locked.

1. Is it true that failing at a 2-year college means I can never go to a 4-year college?

No, it is not impossible to go to a 4-year college if you do not do well at a 2-year college. While grades and academic performance are important factors in the college admissions process, they are not the only criteria that colleges consider.

2. Will my chances of getting into a 4-year college be affected by my performance at a 2-year college?

Yes, your performance at a 2-year college can impact your chances of getting into a 4-year college. Admissions committees typically look at your overall academic record, including your grades and classes taken at all institutions, to get a better understanding of your academic potential.

3. Can I transfer to a 4-year college after attending a 2-year college and not doing well?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to a 4-year college after attending a 2-year college and not doing well. However, your chances of being admitted may be lower and you may need to work harder to demonstrate your academic potential and improvement.

4. How can I improve my chances of getting into a 4-year college if I did not do well at a 2-year college?

One way to improve your chances is to focus on improving your academic performance at the 2-year college. This may involve taking challenging courses, seeking help from professors or tutors, and demonstrating your dedication and improvement in your application materials.

5. Are there any other factors besides grades that I should focus on if I want to transfer to a 4-year college?

Yes, in addition to academic performance, colleges also look at other factors such as extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, and essays. These can be great opportunities to showcase your strengths and potential as a college student.