Books like A Brief History Of Time and The Black Hole War

In summary, some recommended books for someone who enjoyed "A Brief History Of Time" and "The Black Hole War" are "Blackholes and Timewarps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy" by Kip Thorne, "Just Six Numbers" by Martin Rees, "Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe" by Simon Singh, "The Grand Design" by Stephen Hawking, "Gravity" by George Gamov, "The Elegant Universe" and "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, "QED" by Richard Feynman, "Death by Black Hole" by Neil Degrasse Tyson, "The First Three Minutes" by Steven Weinberg, and "In Search of the Multiverse"
kazefenrir
Books like "A Brief History Of Time" and "The Black Hole War"

G'day
Guys can you please recommend me a good astrology book for a studnet that just finished 8th grade that is like "A Brief History Of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "The Black Hole War" by Leonard Susskind. I like them because of their simplicity without introducing any complex math problems. I don't mind if it is really hard book, but as long as it doesn't introduce any maths that is calculus

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org

I really don't think you should be asking for "astrology" books here , nor are brief history of time or the black holes wars are astrology books ! ??...

but you could try
Blackholes and Timewarps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy - Kip Thorne
Just Six Numbers - Martin Rees
The Fabric of the Cosmos Brain greene

I'm sure he meant "astronomy" not "astrology." I recently read and enjoyed Simon Singh's "Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe." I second the recommendation for "Just Six Numbers." I haven't read the other two recommended by samad.kidwai but they're on my to-read pile.

Yes I mean astronomy, sorry about my typo.
Thanks for the reccomendation!

George Gamov, Gravity. He does give you a little taste of calculus.

I love those books! Hmmm...here's a good book: The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking.

I loved Gamow's 1,2,3...Infinity.

Also his Mr. Thomkins books. They are about a man dreaming he is in a world where quantum and relativistic effects are easily observable. The stories more or less alternate with the lectures that Mr. Thomkins sleeps through.

Try: The Elegent Universe or The Fabric of the Cosmose by Brain Green

Thanks for the recommendation guys! I'll be reading them when I have time.

The Elegent Universe is a good book.

Try these two as well:

QED by Feynman
Death by Black Hole by Neil Degrasse Tyson

I second hitmeoff's suggestion of Feynman's QED.

Also The First Three Minutes by Weinberg.

Brian Green is lame. Gamow's Mr Tompkins stories are cute, but dated.

Psudo-related book: Flatland by Edward Abbot (a discussion of differing dimensions)

bcrowell said:
Also The First Three Minutes by Weinberg.

Don't you think it's a bit outdated?

+1 for QED.
I also liked in search of the multiverse by gribbin.

1. What is the main topic of "A Brief History of Time" and "The Black Hole War"?

The main topic of both books is the exploration of theoretical physics and its implications for our understanding of the universe.

2. Are these books targeted towards scientists or the general public?

Both books are written for a general audience, making complex scientific concepts accessible to readers without a scientific background.

3. What makes these books stand out from other popular science books?

These books are known for their clear and engaging writing style, as well as their ability to explain complex scientific theories in a way that is easy for non-scientists to understand.

4. Do these books offer any new insights or discoveries in the field of physics?

Both books present new and groundbreaking ideas in the field of theoretical physics, including Hawking's theories on black holes and Susskind's arguments against the holographic principle.

5. Are there any prerequisites for reading these books?

While a basic understanding of physics and mathematics may be helpful, these books are written in a way that is accessible to readers of all levels and do not require a background in science.