Birthday present for boyfriend. Help needed A.S.A.P.

• Thread starter BethanAM
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the struggles of finding a gift for the boyfriend's 18th birthday. He does not want any more Xbox points or clothing, and the university he has applied to has advised against buying books until August. The idea of a keyring with tritium is suggested as it combines his interest in nuclear physics and a reminder of the girlfriend. Other suggestions include science-themed t-shirts, vacuum insulated mugs, and geeky gadgets.
BethanAM
It is my boyfriend's 18th birthday next Wednesday and I am struggling to think of what to get him. He says that he doesn't need anymore Xbox points at the moment as he has plenty, he doesn't want clothing, so the Sheldon Cooper t-shirt is out of the question too, I have also sent an email to the university he has applied to and asked for a reading list but they said don't buy any books till August as it may change and the books required to read will depend on the options he chooses. So now, I am really struggling and I want it to be something nice.

I've already got him a photo keyring from when I went on holiday a few months back and he likes that, he just now needs a photo but he can't find one, and plus I can't remember the size photo required so I can't choose one for him.

The area of physics he is most interested in is nuclear, if this helps.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi BethanAM! Welcome to PF! :smile:

He's going away to university, and you're looking for things that remind you of him? :rolleyes:

Give him something that reminds him of you! :!)​

I have a good idea that takes care of both of his interests; nuclear physics and keyrings.

You can buy keyrings with tritium in them that glows so you can find your keys in the dark.

Science t-shirts are nice:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/sciencemath/

How about a vacuum insulated stainless steel thermos mug. Get one that fits into a cup holder. Have it engraved with something sweet. Put your name under that.

Yeah, lisab beat me to it. Actually, it is highly likely ANYTHING on http://www.thinkgeek.com/ will make him say "whoo!". The more useless and geeky, the better. Look in gadgets and toys.

Seriously. Guys don;t want T-shirts or mugs. They want geek stuff.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/ea9b/?srp=9
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/startrek/dea2/

Last edited:
Perfume, wallet, half sleeves shirt with jeans or dress pant, admission form for martial arts gym (after all he has to protect you and himself :rofl::approve:)

How about a silver ring engraved with something like… 'I'm watching you' :biggrin:

Traser H3 Tritium watches are nice. I love mine, and I bought one for my father when his old watch died. He loves it!

What - nobody gives or receives monogramed pens anymore - that used to be a staple present to give to someone, so they could sign their signature with quality ink and pen on important documents. A possession that you could call your own that nobody else had, given to you from someone where mutual reciprical respect and admiration are of prime importance. A possesion that woud last a lifetime and bring back memories of the days long lost but not forgotten. ( thickly laid on )

Last edited:

What is a good budget for a birthday present for my boyfriend?

The amount you should spend on a birthday present for your boyfriend depends on your personal budget and the type of gift you want to give. It's always a good idea to set a budget beforehand and stick to it.

What are some unique gift ideas for my boyfriend's birthday?

A unique gift idea for your boyfriend's birthday could be something personalized, such as a custom piece of artwork or a personalized item like a watch or wallet. You could also consider giving an experience, such as tickets to a concert or a cooking class.

How can I find out what my boyfriend wants for his birthday without asking him directly?

One way to find out what your boyfriend wants for his birthday is to pay attention to things he mentions or shows interest in. You can also ask his friends or family for ideas or look at his social media for any clues.

What are some thoughtful and romantic birthday gift ideas for my boyfriend?

Some thoughtful and romantic birthday gift ideas for your boyfriend could be a photo album or scrapbook of your memories together, a love letter or poem, or a romantic dinner at home. You could also consider giving him a meaningful piece of jewelry or a gift that represents a shared interest or inside joke.

I'm running out of time! What are some last-minute birthday gift ideas for my boyfriend?

If you're short on time, some last-minute birthday gift ideas for your boyfriend could be a gift card to his favorite store or restaurant, a subscription to his favorite magazine or streaming service, or a DIY gift such as a homemade coupon book or baked goods. You could also consider planning a surprise outing or adventure for the two of you.