Questions for a professional Electrical Engineer

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking an electrical engineer a series of questions for an assignment. The person also expresses genuine interest in the engineer's career path and asks for their email to further discuss. The questions range from what sparked the engineer's interest in the field, their education and current job, their projects and specialization, to their thoughts on the current issues in the field and advice for aspiring electrical engineers.
donutboy8
I have a list of questions I'd like to ask an electrical engineer. Not only is this for an assignment, but I truly would like to see why the responding electrical engineer chose this path. If you would please leave your email after responding to all the questions that would be great. You won't receive any spam, its just what my professor asked for, but if you feel inclined to tell me then its fine. No need for paragraphs, being brief with the answer will do. Thank you.

1. What interested you to become an electrical engineer?
2. Where did you get your electrical engineering degree?
3. What company do you work for?
4. Do you enjoy going to work everyday?
5. What projects have you been involved in?
6. What are the big issues in your field today?
7. How long did it take to get your electrical engineering degree?
8. In what areas do you specialize in electrical engineering?
9. If you could choose another engineering branch, which would it be?
10. What advice would you give to someone who is pursuing electrical engineering?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, but for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, survey/interview threads are not allowed at the PF. Thread is locked.

1. What kind of education is required to become an Electrical Engineer?

To become an Electrical Engineer, you typically need a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university. Some employers may also require a Master's degree or additional certifications.

2. What skills are necessary to be successful as an Electrical Engineer?

Some important skills for an Electrical Engineer include strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities, proficiency in math and physics, and knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software.

3. What types of projects do Electrical Engineers typically work on?

Electrical Engineers can work on a variety of projects, including designing and developing electrical systems for buildings, creating power distribution systems for large-scale infrastructure projects, and designing electronic components for consumer products.

4. What are some common challenges faced by Electrical Engineers?

Electrical Engineers may face challenges such as managing complex projects, staying up-to-date with advancements in technology, and ensuring safety and compliance with regulations.

5. What is the job outlook for Electrical Engineers?

The job outlook for Electrical Engineers is positive, with a projected growth rate of 5% from 2019-2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The demand for renewable energy and advancements in technology are expected to create job opportunities in this field.