Jet li + asian music video = bad american music^2

In summary, the conversation discusses a music video featuring Jet Li and the observation that many American music videos sound similar to this one, even without understanding the language. The conversation also mentions a particularly bad singer and uses humor to describe their performance.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
http://www.youtube.com/w/Fearless-MV?v=fp2atxNeVDU&search=jet%20li [Broken]

This is a nice video for jet li fans... but its also, for me, says something about American music lately. For most of the music video... if i didn't see the chinese (or whatever) captions at the bottom, i really wouldn't have really thought that this music video was not an english music video. Seriously, haven't we all heard some songs that seemed so horribly done with such a horrible singer that you really had no idea that they were speaking the english language?

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
ahahhahah, that's awesome!

......if by awesome I mean horrible, yea.

That was [tex]Craptacular^3[/tex]

1. Why is Jet Li in an Asian music video?

Jet Li is a well-known martial artist and actor from China. He has made appearances in various Asian music videos as a guest star or for promotional purposes.

2. What is the connection between Jet Li and "bad" American music?

There is no direct connection between Jet Li and "bad" American music. It is possible that Jet Li was hired to appear in the music video for his popularity and to attract a wider audience.

3. What do you mean by "bad" American music?

The term "bad" is subjective and can vary from person to person. In this context, it could refer to music that is perceived as low quality or not well-received by the general public.

4. How is the American music in the video multiplied by 2?

The phrase "bad American music^2" is likely used for emphasis or as a play on words. It does not necessarily refer to there being two times the amount of American music in the video.

5. Is the combination of Jet Li and Asian music with American music offensive?

The use of Jet Li and Asian music in conjunction with American music may be seen as cultural appropriation or stereotyping by some individuals. It is important to consider and respect different perspectives and cultural sensitivities when creating and consuming media.