My Failed Attempt at a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger

In summary, Carl's Jr. uses spices to give their burgers a unique flavor. You need a good batter to fry your onion rings in, and you need to have your oil hot enough so they come out crispy. You need to put onions on top of your burger for added flavor.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I seem to suck at it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I tried to mimick carls jr's double western bacon cheeseburger...

and i failed miserably. It all started when i tried to make onion rings for hte hamburger. Problem #1: the onion rings were not... coming out as rings of onion from the "master" onion. They were coming off as petals, what the hell? Then, after putting on the batter and all that... Problem #2: The batter was weird and funky so it didnt fry as a nice little onion ring. Problem #3: The onion rings were not crispy at all. Then on to the burger. Well the burgers went nice, i was happy. I put the whole concoction together along with some bbq sauce and cheese.

Then i bit in. Horrible. I don't know how... but i think the onion rings and burger actually sucked away flavor from the bbq sauce and cheese. It tasted like nothing.

Mood: sad

Currently listening to: yomamma's a girl

Physics news on Phys.org
And who is Carl jr?

It's a fast food place. Don't you know carl's jrs?

http://www.prosportsmedia.com/grizzlies/sc_sponsors/Carls_Jr..JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you can start threads doesn't mean you should start threads.

Pengwuino said:

and i failed miserably. It all started when i tried to make onion rings for hte hamburger. Problem #1: the onion rings were not... coming out as rings of onion from the "master" onion. They were coming off as petals, what the hell?
You were cutting the onion the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Then, after putting on the batter and all that... Problem #2: The batter was weird and funky so it didnt fry as a nice little onion ring.
It's hard finding a good batter.

Problem #3: The onion rings were not crispy at all. Then on to the burger. Well the burgers went nice, i was happy. I put the whole concoction together along with some bbq sauce and cheese.
Did you have your oil hot enough? If you fry stuff in oil that isn't hot (or that hasn't reached the right temperature yet when you start), it'll get soggy. And when you're done, you need to immediately drain them on paper towels or brown paper bags so the oil doesn't sit on them and make them soggy as they cool.

Then i bit in. Horrible. I don't know how... but i think the onion rings and burger actually sucked away flavor from the bbq sauce and cheese. It tasted like nothing.

Aww...poor Pengwuino. That's what you get by trying to mimic fast food with real food. You'll probably need to break out the chemistry set if you really want to mimic the taste. :yuck: You'd probably be better off just finding a good brand of frozen onion rings and fry them up, so you'll at least know those will turn out right.

Make your batter with sr/flour and BEER, mix it up until it is (just) oozing of
your wooden spoon, dip your onion rings in dry flour first then in the batter,
make sure the oil is to temp and bung them in slowly one at a time.

If you read this you will be autmatically charged 20$ for the woolie tip of the day.

Last edited:
Heart-attack food: sounds like you had a lucky escape...

Oh wait, you ate it anyway :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

Pengwuino said:

and i failed miserably. It all started when i tried to make onion rings for hte hamburger. Problem #1: the onion rings were not... coming out as rings of onion from the "master" onion. They were coming off as petals, what the hell? Then, after putting on the batter and all that... Problem #2: The batter was weird and funky so it didnt fry as a nice little onion ring. Problem #3: The onion rings were not crispy at all. Then on to the burger. Well the burgers went nice, i was happy. I put the whole concoction together along with some bbq sauce and cheese.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I feel happier now...

To make tasty burgers you need the right spices, per burger i use.

*eight birds eye chilis ground up

*a one inch cube of ginger shredded

*two cloves galic crushed

* one oxo cube

* one pinch salt

* one quarter of strong onion finely chopped

* mix with your hand with ground beef

*form into burger shape, size is your choise.

* fry in beef dripping until browned both sides.

Damn, this thread is making me hungry. :frown:

Carl Jr's is Hardees here and they do have the best burgers. :!) It's the Angus beef.

Wolram, you're getting more tempting by the minute. :approve:

Evo said:
Damn, this thread is making me hungry. :frown:

Carl Jr's is Hardees here and they do have the best burgers. :!) It's the Angus beef.

Wolram, you're getting more tempting by the minute. :approve:
Wow! I never put it together that Carl's Jr = Hardees. I just knew that I liked both of them. We had Hardee's in Alabama and Carl's Jr out here.

The ultimate burger is Fuddrucker's. I've had those in Texas and Georgia.They are freakin' enormous, and they have this long "fixin's bar" where you custom build all the other stuff you want on to your burger.

*stomach grumbles*

I'm never going to make it til lunch.

We need a hungry smiley.

Evo, wait until you have triied my caramalised t bone steak with hot suace,
served with garlic and blue cheese mashed potatoes and beer batter onion rings.

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:

In other words, one actually has to learn how to cook.

I've been perfecting my nachos, BBQ steak, and Chicken Kiev, for nearly twenty years. I still notice ways of doing things better.

Haven't done the Kiev in a long time now...hmmmm...:tongue2:

wolram said:
Evo, wait until you have triied my caramalised t bone steak with hot suace,
served with garlic and blue cheese mashed potatoes and beer batter onion rings.
Wolram, will you marry me? :!) :!) :!)

Evo said:
Wolram, will you marry me? :!) :!) :!)

Nope, i no longer believe in marridge, but we could have a wonderful time living in sin.:devil: :devil:

If you can't figure out how to cut an onion so you get rings instead of wedges, there's no hope for you :)

Your oil wasn't hot enough, that's why it came out soggy.

This thread is making me hungry, too! Not fair!

Ivan Seeking said:
In other words, one actually has to learn how to cook.

I just didn't think my first attempt would be thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad. It's like playing basketball for the first time and somehow breaking your leg.

And i didn't mention this in the OP guys, but i was using what i could find downstairs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pengwuino said:
I just didn't think my first attempt would be thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad. It's like playing basketball for the first time and somehow breaking your leg.

And i didn't mention this in the OP guys, but i was using what i could find downstairs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
and you were the best thing you could find?

dav2008 said:
If you can't figure out how to cut an onion so you get rings instead of wedges, there's no hope for you :)
Yeah, that one is a new one to me. I didn't think you could actually screw that one up, since as soon as you look at the onion, it's pretty obvious which way the rings go. :rofl: I think we're going to have to set up a new forum over in the Education Zone for teaching all these young 'uns how to cook. :biggrin:

What is a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger?

A Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger is a popular fast food item consisting of two beef patties, two slices of American cheese, crispy bacon, and tangy barbecue sauce, all sandwiched between a sesame seed bun.

Why is your attempt at a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger considered a failure?

My attempt at a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger was considered a failure because I did not properly cook the beef patties, resulting in them being overcooked and dry. Additionally, I did not evenly distribute the cheese and barbecue sauce, leading to an unbalanced flavor profile.

What steps did you take in trying to make a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger?

In my attempt at a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger, I followed the recipe by grilling beef patties, toasting the buns, and assembling the burger with cheese, bacon, and barbecue sauce. However, I did not have the proper cooking skills and techniques to execute the recipe successfully.

What did you learn from your failed attempt at a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger?

From my failed attempt at a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger, I learned the importance of proper cooking techniques and the value of practice. I also realized that following a recipe is not enough, and it takes skill and experience to make a delicious burger.

Will you attempt to make a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger again?

Yes, I will attempt to make a Carls Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger again. I am determined to improve my cooking skills and perfect this recipe. I will also seek guidance and advice from experienced chefs to ensure a successful attempt next time.

Back