UW Physics Program: Comparing to Top Schools in Canada

• Schools
  • Thread starter Atomos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary: So just generally, how is their department?In summary, the University of Waterloo has a highly regarded physics program, with a Theoretical Physics Institute located in Waterloo itself. It has been ranked as the top university in Canada for two consecutive years and has a strong reputation in the field of condensed matter, with notable faculty members and research groups. The university is also recognized for its co-operative education program, which can be beneficial for graduate school applications. However, it is important to consider individual interests and research areas when evaluating the strength of the physics department. Lee Smolin is affiliated with the university through the Perimeter Institute, and the University of Waterloo has a strong focus on quantum computing.
jtbell said:
I think I've had students ask me that, too, but from what I've read about Waterloo, I'm surprised that many students who can get in there in the first place, need to ask a question like that.

That's Brock, not Waterloo.

You wouldn't get into Waterloo like that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Also, it's not like the students are stupid, their very smart people, it's just that the high school system is so screwed up. They are smart enough to understand it, its just they were never taught it.