Need check on temperature (calorimeter) Problems

In summary, the conversation is about a final graded assignment before finals and using the equation \sum\DeltaQ= 0 to solve for each question. The student has provided their answers and is open to feedback and explaining their thought process.
tachu101

Homework Statement

This is the final graded assignment before finals, and I want to end on a high note and get all of these right.

"See the Picture Attachment"
t_temperaturem_8d4a83a.jpg

Homework Equations

Teacher said that [tex]\sum[/tex][tex]\Delta[/tex]Q= 0 ---- so ----
0= Mass(object1)*SpecificHeat(object1)*(Thermal Equilibrium Temp. - Original Heat)
So I used this type of equation for each question.

The Attempt at a Solution

I am going to post my answers and if you don't think they are right say something and then I will explain what I was trying to do, because they are algebra intensive questions.

1. 20 degrees C

2. 39.3 degrees C

3. 84.65 degrees C

4. .0507

5. .0335

6. 45.05 degrees C

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with your temperature (calorimeter) problems. It is great to hear that you are determined to end on a high note and get all of the questions right.

Based on the information provided, it seems like you have correctly used the equation \sum\DeltaQ= 0 to solve these problems. However, without seeing the actual questions and the picture attachment, it is difficult for me to verify if your answers are correct.

My suggestion would be to double-check your calculations and make sure you have correctly accounted for all the variables in the equation. It may also be helpful to show your work or explain your thought process for each question, as this can help identify any potential errors.

If you are still unsure about your answers, I would recommend reaching out to your teacher for clarification or additional guidance. They will be able to provide more specific feedback and help you understand the concepts better.

I wish you the best of luck on your final graded assignment and hope you achieve your goal of ending on a high note. Keep up the good work!

1. What is a calorimeter and how does it work?

A calorimeter is a scientific instrument used to measure the heat transfer during a chemical reaction or physical process. It works by enclosing the reaction or process in a sealed container, surrounded by a known amount of water. The temperature change of the water is then measured and used to calculate the amount of heat released or absorbed.

2. Why is it important to check the temperature in a calorimeter?

Checking the temperature in a calorimeter is important to ensure the accuracy of the heat transfer measurements. Any changes in temperature can affect the results and lead to incorrect conclusions about the reaction or process being studied.

3. How can I check the temperature in a calorimeter?

The temperature in a calorimeter can be checked by using a thermometer, which is inserted into the water surrounding the reaction or process. It is important to stir the water and ensure that the thermometer is not touching the walls of the calorimeter, as this can affect the accuracy of the measurement.

4. What are some common problems that can affect the temperature in a calorimeter?

Some common problems that can affect the temperature in a calorimeter include improper insulation, incorrect stirring technique, and heat loss from the surroundings. It is important to address these problems and make necessary adjustments in order to obtain accurate temperature readings.

5. How can I troubleshoot temperature problems in a calorimeter?

If you are experiencing temperature problems in a calorimeter, first check for any of the common problems mentioned above. Additionally, you can also try using a more accurate thermometer, insulating the calorimeter better, or adjusting the stirring technique. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to consult with a more experienced scientist or consider using a different method for measuring heat transfer.