Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU

U Pomona also offers an online statics course.In summary, there are several options for taking an online engineering statics course, including MIT's Mechanical Engineering series and courses offered by the University of Maryland and CSU Pomona. It is recommended to browse these sites to find a suitable course.
chrisd5885
I am currently attending WVU and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could take engineering statics online. thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
MIT has an online video series for many courses that I've seen linked to in other PF threads. Here is a pointer into their Mechanical Engineering series of courses... perhaps statics is near the beginning of the courses... or else browse around the site to see if you find something closer:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mechanical-Engineering/index.htm

chrisd5885 said:
I am currently attending WVU and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could take engineering statics online. thanks

Here is another:

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jmariappan/statics.htm [Broken]

CS

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the format of the Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU?

The Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU follows a traditional semester-based format, with weekly lectures, assignments, and exams. However, all course materials are accessible online, and there is no set class meeting time, allowing for a more flexible learning experience.

2. What are the prerequisites for taking the Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU?

The prerequisites for the Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU include a strong understanding of mathematics, specifically algebra, trigonometry, and basic calculus. It is recommended that students have completed at least one semester of calculus before enrolling in this course.

3. Will I have access to a professor or tutor for assistance during the course?

Yes, the Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU provides students with access to experienced professors and tutors who are available for assistance and support. They can be reached through online discussion forums, email, or virtual office hours.

4. Is there a laboratory component to the Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU?

No, there is no laboratory component to this online course. However, students will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge through virtual simulations and practical assignments.

5. Are there any in-person requirements for the Online Engineering Statics Course at WVU?

No, all course materials and activities are accessible online, so there are no in-person requirements for this course. However, students may have the option to take exams in a proctored setting if they choose.