Is God Limited by His Own Power?

• Thread starter lvlastermind
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit Power
In summary: QUOTE]In summary, the universe is finite, and if there is a god, most people would not accept it. If God truly has infinite power, is it possible for him to create an object so heavy that he himself cannot lift it? Only if he wanted to see what it felt like to be powerless.
we cannot prove god (can we?), so just experience it. experience states of consciousness other than the ego based reality, and one will gain understanding that transcends energy phenomena (the physical world).

out on a limb:
a dream can contradict scientific laws. eg. when i dreamt i was flying, and then i became slightly conscious of the fact that i was flying and tried to control the flight. unfortunately, somewhat like Peter, i lost faith due to my logical mind, and started to fall. then when i let go of thoughts, i flew again...

anyway the point is, that there has been times in dreams where i am somewhat conscious, and the experience is real (subjectively). dreams can embed memories (ie physical records) so what is not real about them. therefore in dream reality (astral?) omnipotence is a knowable phenomena, no?

Physics news on Phys.org
there is no answer to the original question becuase if God had infinite power He SHOULD be able to creat a rock so heavy that He could not lift it. on the contrary, He has infinite power, thus he SHOULD be able to lift the rock.

Any apparent limit to God is what He allows us to misperceive through our own free will, including Internet posts.

Inserting conditions like "rock so heavy he cannot lift it" is logically invalid. One cannot insert clauses like that and expect to get an answer. Can he make so much water so that he could not drink all of it? Can he create a maze so complicated that he cannot find his way out? A more appopriate question would be, can he make a rock that is infinitely heavy? Can he make an infinite volume of water? Can he make an infinitly intricate maze?

RoboSapien said:
... Hence its better to stick with something reliable as science. Where once proven results are garunteed every time.

Science has guarantees? This is news to me.

Telos said:
Science has guarantees? This is news to me.

seems like U have been Teleported from DarkAges.

In Science guarantees=99% surerity.

mruncleramos said:
Inserting conditions like "rock so heavy he cannot lift it" is logically invalid. One cannot insert clauses like that and expect to get an answer. Can he make so much water so that he could not drink all of it? Can he create a maze so complicated that he cannot find his way out? A more appopriate question would be, can he make a rock that is infinitely heavy? Can he make an infinite volume of water? Can he make an infinitly intricate maze?

GOD that mother ****AR He could not help my parent who died in agony. They prayed god every minute of their life. U expect him to do all that, NAA?

That SON of a ***** is good for nothing , I am better than him Period.

Do U realize that GOD is a Bastard.

RoboSapien said:
seems like U have been Teleported from DarkAges.

In Science guarantees=99% surerity.

seems like you've been teleported from the Land Of The Robots. :tongue: In the Land Of The Robots certainty is a fixed number, but no-one is conscious of it. All the 'Bots think they know the truth but none of them agree on what it is.

Ohhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I had just typed an entire essay almost, but the forums logged me out and did not let me post it, and now i do not have time to rewrite it. Ill try to do it again later.

This is a problem that i have encounted many time, is their a reason why.

RoboSapien, it sounds as if you are still in grief of your parents. You need to go see someone for counsilling. please erase what u posted.

I believe that God has the power to vibrate the strings (the ones that cause energy and matter). He spoke and it was done. Speaking as we know it causes the vibration of something, usaly air. Also, who ever wrote Genisis did not know about strings and a lot of other things, so it would seem a good analogy that God spoke matter into existence, in place of Him causing the strings to vibrate. Also, do the strings have a name, I sometimes like to call them 'The Strings of Eternity' for a mystic ring.

In concern to my first post, this was part one, and I have shortened it. The rest of it was not relevant to this thread.

It seems like this thread has run its course.