How do I save my Mozilla Firefox bookmarks before formatting my hard drive?

• Thread starter Ethereal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, to save your Mozilla Firefox bookmarks before formatting your hard drive, you can go to the "Bookmarks" menu and select "Show All Bookmarks." From there, you can go to "Import and Backup" and choose "Export Bookmarks to HTML" to save your bookmarks as an HTML file. Alternatively, you can use a third-party application like MozBackup to save your bookmarks and other Firefox settings. It is important to back up your bookmarks before formatting your hard drive to ensure you do not lose them.
Ethereal
Does anyone know how to save them in some files or something? I am planning to format my hard drive, and I have a lot of links I don't want to lose. I need to make backup files of them.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks->File->Export

Oh. Heh. Felt like an idiot.

1. What are Mozilla Firefox bookmarks?

Mozilla Firefox bookmarks are saved links to websites that you can access quickly and easily without having to type in the website's URL every time. They are like a list of your favorite websites for easy access.

2. How do I add a bookmark in Mozilla Firefox?

To add a bookmark in Mozilla Firefox, click on the star icon in the address bar or press Ctrl+D on your keyboard. You can also right-click on a webpage and select "Bookmark This Page".

3. Can I organize my bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox?

Yes, you can organize your bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox by creating folders and subfolders. To create a new folder, right-click on a bookmark and select "New Folder". You can also drag and drop bookmarks into different folders to organize them.

4. How do I delete a bookmark in Mozilla Firefox?

To delete a bookmark in Mozilla Firefox, right-click on the bookmark and select "Delete". You can also select the bookmark and press Delete on your keyboard. This will not delete the website, just the bookmark.

5. Can I sync my bookmarks across different devices on Mozilla Firefox?

Yes, you can sync your bookmarks across different devices on Mozilla Firefox if you have a Firefox account. Simply sign in to your account on all of your devices and your bookmarks will be synced automatically.