Design Vacuum Vessel for Training Stand

In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking advice on designing a vacuum vessel for a training stand. The vessel needs to measure the height of a flight fuel pump and will utilize vacuum pressure from a pump. The tank is expected to hold 120 liters and should be designed to withstand pressures of 23.8 kPa inside and 101 kPa outside. The person is looking for guidance on designing the tank to prevent it from collapsing, including suggestions for economic materials, weight, and calculations.
Nelegalas
Hello,
This is my first post, so I believe, that you understand and help for me.
So I have a task to design vacuum vessel, precisely, my task names "Training stand to measure the height of the flight fuel pump". Height will be simulated by vacuum in fuel tank, which will create a vacuum pump. Tank capacity will be about 120 liters. Less inside pressure will be about 23,8 kPa, when outside also be 101 kPa. So, could anyone give me advise how to design fuel tank? (economic materials, light heavy, form, calculating...), that the tank didn't collapsed?

Thank you in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nobody can help me, really?

1. What is the purpose of a vacuum vessel in a training stand?

A vacuum vessel is used in a training stand to create a low-pressure environment for conducting experiments or training exercises. It is designed to simulate the conditions of outer space or other low-pressure environments.

2. How is the vacuum vessel constructed?

The vacuum vessel is typically made of a strong and durable material such as stainless steel or aluminum. It is designed with multiple layers to provide insulation and prevent heat transfer, and is sealed with high-quality gaskets and valves to maintain a vacuum.

3. What safety measures are necessary when working with a vacuum vessel?

When working with a vacuum vessel, it is important to follow proper safety protocols. This includes wearing appropriate protective gear, understanding the risks involved, and carefully monitoring the pressure and temperature levels inside the vessel.

4. What factors should be considered when designing a vacuum vessel for a training stand?

When designing a vacuum vessel for a training stand, several factors need to be considered. These include the desired pressure and temperature levels, the type of experiments or training exercises that will be conducted, the materials and components needed, and the overall size and shape of the vessel.

5. How do you maintain and troubleshoot a vacuum vessel?

Regular maintenance is crucial for the proper functioning of a vacuum vessel. This includes checking and replacing gaskets and valves, monitoring pressure and temperature levels, and ensuring all components are working correctly. In the event of a malfunction, troubleshooting techniques such as leak detection and pressure testing can help identify and fix any issues with the vessel.