Compressor maps for mathematical model of a gas turbine

In summary, a compressor map is a graphical representation of a gas turbine compressor's performance, created through performance tests and used to identify operating range and efficiency. It provides information about efficiency, surge and choke limits, and can be used to optimize performance and simulate behavior in a mathematical model. Compressor maps are specific to each gas turbine model.
trawsko1990
Hello,
I`m working on a mathematical model of a gas turbine and I need good compressor maps, especially function of efficiency vs. pressure ratio, inlet temperature, mass flow etc I`ve been looking for this for few days, but can`t find anything interesting.

Do you know where I can something like this? Websites or book?

Thanks for any help ;)

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would imagine that that kind of information would be in a file marked "industrial secrets" and kept locked away.

1. What is a compressor map for a mathematical model of a gas turbine?

A compressor map is a graphical representation of a gas turbine compressor's performance. It shows the relationship between the compressor's pressure ratio and flow rate, and is used to identify the compressor's operating range and efficiency.

2. How is a compressor map created for a mathematical model of a gas turbine?

A compressor map is created by conducting performance tests on the compressor using different combinations of pressure ratio and flow rate. The data is then plotted on a graph to create the map.

3. What information can be obtained from a compressor map?

A compressor map provides information about the compressor's efficiency, surge limit, choke limit, and operating range. It can also help identify potential performance issues and optimize the compressor's performance.

4. How is a compressor map used in the mathematical model of a gas turbine?

In a mathematical model of a gas turbine, the compressor map is used to simulate the performance of the compressor. By inputting the map's data into the model, engineers can accurately predict the compressor's behavior under different operating conditions.

5. Are compressor maps for mathematical models of gas turbines universal?

No, compressor maps are specific to each gas turbine model. The design and performance of a compressor can vary greatly between different gas turbines, so their compressor maps will also differ.