Senior Project Ideas: Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology

In summary, people have suggested doing a project involving both physics and astronomy/cosmology. Some ideas include looking into the furthest galaxies or trying to find the origins of our universe. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
grays0n
Does anyone have a good idea for a senior project to do involving physics or astronomy/cosmology, or possibly both? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not get a graph of all known universes and take 12 most outer most and try to find orgin point or show how they are moving apart as proof of our expanding univrese

very good idea

Just make sure that you show your math for the project as well asa indepth explanation as to why it means what it means and what it might effect for human civilization in the future

whatzzupboy said:
Why not get a graph of all known universes and take 12 most outer most and try to find orgin point or show how they are moving apart as proof of our expanding univrese

whatzzupboy said:
Just make sure that you show your math for the project as well asa indepth explanation as to why it means what it means and what it might effect for human civilization in the future

I really don't think you have to show the math and effect for human civilization in the future, finding one universe (excluding ours) alone could already lead you to a nobel prize... your discovery( if you really can find one) is very impressive, people won't care about the little detail
Universe usually defines as EVERY THING in our physical world.. the outer universe?? is it still in our physical world? if yes, it should be IN OUR UNIVERSE, if not, how could you detect it? or how could you argue its existence?
Before discover your new universe, please goto english department argue the definition of universe, than goto the philosophy department and argue how logical your outer universe exist, finally come to physics department use expriment show the existence of your NEW universe ...

Why not get a graph of all known universes* and take 12 most outer most and try to find orgin point or show how they are moving apart as proof of our expanding univrese

*I ment to say galaxies my brain was working faster than my fingers sory bout that

I assumed that is what u meant in the first place.

don't ever ever think about this experiment... I've warned you already...b/c you are doing a circular logic in this experiment...
do a little bit reading in astronomy/cosmology try to understand how people determine the speed/distance for the galaxys far away, and you will know what I was talking about...

1. What are some examples of senior project ideas in physics?

Some examples of senior project ideas in physics could include investigating the properties of superconductors, designing and building a solar-powered vehicle, or studying the effects of gravity on different types of objects.

2. How can I incorporate astronomy into my senior project?

One way to incorporate astronomy into your senior project is by conducting research on a specific astronomical phenomenon, such as black holes or the formation of galaxies. You could also design and build a telescope or create a computer simulation of a celestial event.

3. What is the difference between cosmology and astronomy?

Astronomy is the study of celestial objects and their behavior, while cosmology is the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe as a whole. Astronomy focuses on individual objects, while cosmology looks at the bigger picture.

4. How can I make my senior project in physics or astronomy unique?

To make your senior project unique, consider incorporating interdisciplinary elements, such as combining physics and art to create a kinetic sculpture, or using data from astronomical observations to create a computer program. You could also focus on a specific niche within your chosen field, or collaborate with experts from different disciplines.

5. What are some potential career paths for someone interested in physics, astronomy, or cosmology?

Some potential career paths for someone interested in physics, astronomy, or cosmology include astrophysicist, aerospace engineer, data scientist, science educator, or science writer. There are also many opportunities for research and development in these fields, both in academic and industry settings.