3G Speeds: Connecting Your Phone to the Computer

• Thread starter darkar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, 3G has a maximum download speed of 384Kbits and upload speed of 192Kbits. It requires network service support and Bluetooth or Infra port. To use a 3G phone as a modem for surfing the internet on a computer, the computer must also have Bluetooth capability. It is recommended to consult with the network service operator for further assistance.
darkar
How fast is 3G?

and can you connect a 3G phone to your computer act as a modem and surf the internet using ur computer?

Computer science news on Phys.org
darkar said:
How fast is 3G?

and can you connect a 3G phone to your computer act as a modem and surf the internet using ur computer?

3G has up to 384Kbits download speed and 192Kbits upload speed.

If you like that, that requires the network service support and Bluetooth or Infra port.

Yea, here has 3G coverage.

So, what software and peripherals should I get?

darkar said:
Yea, here has 3G coverage.

So, what software and peripherals should I get?

Sorry, I don't acquaint to this much, but I suggest you to ask the Network service operator first. They can help you.

Operator with a 3G network and a phone & PC with bluetooth capability (most laptops have bluetooth cards nowadays) should suffice ... use it myself primarily in gprs networks, connecting via bluetooth making it really handy over infrared and cables as it was a few years ago.

1. What is 3G connection speed and how is it different from other connection speeds?

3G connection speed refers to the third generation of mobile network technology. It allows for faster data transfer rates compared to previous generations, making it ideal for internet browsing, video streaming, and other data-heavy activities on mobile devices. It is faster than 2G and 2.5G speeds, but slower than 4G speeds.

2. How can I connect my phone to my computer using 3G speed?

To connect your phone to your computer using 3G speed, you will need a USB cable or a mobile hotspot device. You can connect your phone to your computer via USB and use your phone's data plan to access the internet on your computer. Alternatively, you can use a mobile hotspot device, which acts as a portable router, to connect your computer to your phone's 3G network.

3. Is 3G speed available everywhere?

3G speed is available in most areas where cell phone coverage exists. However, the speed and coverage may vary depending on your location and your service provider. Some remote or rural areas may not have 3G coverage, and in those cases, the connection speed may drop to 2G or lower.

4. How fast is 3G speed?

The average 3G connection speed can range from 384 kbps to 3.1 Mbps, depending on your location and network coverage. This speed is significantly slower than 4G speeds, which can reach up to 100 Mbps. However, it is still fast enough for most online activities such as web browsing, emailing, and video streaming.

5. Can I use 3G speed on any device?

Most modern smartphones and tablets are equipped with 3G capabilities and can access 3G speeds. However, not all devices may be compatible with 3G networks, so it is best to check with your service provider or device manufacturer before assuming that your device can access 3G speeds.