Please point me a way to a mathematical project

In summary, a member of a math forum is seeking help in finding a direction for their 25-30 page essay on game theory, which is a required part of their math program. They are looking for a topic related to math and have considered examining Nash equilibria but find it too complicated and scarce in sources. They are urgently seeking assistance in finding a suitable topic and have questioned the feasibility of writing 30 pages on a topic they have little knowledge about.
superball
Please point me a way to a mathematical project!

Hello everybody,
As a part of my Maths program I need to write an essay of about 25-30 pages. Game theory is the main topics and I now need a direction to analyse in game theory using mathematical method such as linear algebra. As I don't have a lot of knowledge about this topic, it should be mostly related to maths. I tried to examine the Nash equilibria in different scenarios but it's very complicated and the source is extremely scare.
It would be really great if somebody could help me out here.
It is really urgent!

Mathematics news on Phys.org

chiro said:
Hey superball and welcome to the forums.

Have you looked at payoff matrices?:uhh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal-form_game

Yes I do. Is there any valuable things to disscus in matrix games? cauz it's a pretty long paper

superball said:
Hello everybody,
As a part of my Maths program I need to write an essay of about 25-30 pages. Game theory is the main topics and I now need a direction to analyse in game theory using mathematical method such as linear algebra. As I don't have a lot of knowledge about this topic, it should be mostly related to maths. I tried to examine the Nash equilibria in different scenarios but it's very complicated and the source is extremely scare.
It would be really great if somebody could help me out here.
It is really urgent!

30 pages of math on a subject you don't know anything about? Just curious as to what kind of class this is. If you have to write that much, it's helpful if you already know something about the topic. Did you teacher just tell you to go write 30 pages on something you know nothing about? How are you supposed to succeed at a task like that?

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out. Game theory is a fascinating topic that combines mathematics and decision-making. One way to approach your essay could be to explore the application of game theory in real-world scenarios, such as economics, politics, or psychology. You could also focus on a specific game or problem within game theory, such as the prisoner's dilemma or the tragedy of the commons, and use mathematical methods like linear algebra to analyze the outcomes. Another idea could be to examine the history and development of game theory, including the contributions of famous mathematicians and economists. I suggest doing some research and reading on these topics to find a specific area that interests you and fits within the scope of your project. Good luck!

1. What is a mathematical project?

A mathematical project is a research or investigation that uses mathematical principles, theories, and methods to solve a problem or answer a question. It can involve analyzing data, creating models, and making predictions.

2. How do I choose a topic for a mathematical project?

Choosing a topic for a mathematical project can be challenging. It is important to select a topic that interests you and is relevant to your field of study. You can also consult with your advisor or look for inspiration from current research and real-world problems.

3. What are the steps involved in completing a mathematical project?

The steps involved in completing a mathematical project may vary depending on the specific project and its objectives. Generally, the steps include defining the problem, researching and gathering information, formulating a hypothesis, designing experiments or models, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions.

4. What are some useful resources for a mathematical project?

There are many resources available for mathematical projects, such as textbooks, research papers, online databases, and software programs. Your university or library may also have resources specific to your field of study. Additionally, you can reach out to experts in the field or collaborate with other students.

5. How can I present my mathematical project?

There are various ways to present a mathematical project, including written reports, oral presentations, and visual aids such as graphs and charts. The best way to present your project will depend on your audience, so it is essential to consider who you are presenting to and tailor your presentation accordingly.