Quadroceptological, and quadraceptological

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
In summary: Yes, but Proto-Indo-European was the ancestor of both Latin and Greek. Proto-Indo-European had two variants of the thematic vowel, [e] and [o], and the [e] variant became Latin and the [o] variant became Greek.
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Let it be known that my daughter, Nell, made this word up.

It has two spellings, quadroceptological, and quadraceptological. The authorities are now disputing the issue, and the form that is deemed to be spurious will be discarded. Nevertheless, when you google quadroceptological OR quadraceptological, you will now be forwarded to this thread.

The meaning is both obvious and unimportant.

Physics news on Phys.org

If anyone from the National Spelling Bee would like to buy rights to this word, contact me.

Otherwise, feel free to use this cromulent word.

Chi Meson said:
The meaning is both obvious and unimportant.
This is a squigiferous comment and I think you are being stermitaceously croliscient.

I thought official language of the PF is English.

Borek said:
English is a very fluid, rapidly-evolving, lemnolent language.

I think body building is quadrocept-illogical.

Borek said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFB_FS9rV0c
The word English covers a wide range of sins.

I find this entire thread execramonious and verboffusive.

The authorities are now disputing the issue,
Are they?
And who are they?
What possible dispute could they find?

curious minds need to know.
and require references to ... other people that are authorities.

lol j/k

It's quadroceptological, and let me explain why.

Ancient Indo-European languages (such as Latin and Greek) have something called the thematic vowel, which is used to glue stems together, and in Proto-Indo-European, the value of the thematic vowel is either [e] or [o]. Thus, because [a] is not one of these values, it would leave only quadroceptological.

Chi Meson said:
[...] both obvious and unimportant.

I have a question regarding this word's use that fits this description.

TMO said:
It's quadroceptological, and let me explain why.

Ancient Indo-European languages (such as Latin and Greek) have something called the thematic vowel, which is used to glue stems together, and in Proto-Indo-European, the value of the thematic vowel is either [e] or [o]. Thus, because [a] is not one of these values, it would leave only quadroceptological.
How does quadruped fit into that?

Look up "splenetic", I made that word.

There's one mistake I made in my original post: the Greek thematic vowel is [o], but in Latin it's , so the correct classical compound would be quadriceptological.

Jimmy Snyder said:
How does quadruped fit into that?

Quadruped comes from the Latin quadrupes, which is a variant of quadripes, which is the correct Latin compound of quadr + pes. Sometimes languages have multiple variants of a word, and English, due to chance, picked an irregular variant.

phion said:
Look up "splenetic", I made that word.

The word "splenetic" comes from the Late Latin spleneticus, so it's highly unlikely (nevermind that we have an English document using "splenetic" which is from 1876, and one that uses "splenetik" which is from 1678).

Last edited:
This thread wouldn't be complete without this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08

To address to the topic, it should be quadraceptological.

Upon further consideration, I've changed my mind.

TMO said:
Ancient Indo-European languages (such as Latin and Greek) have something called the thematic vowel, which is used to glue stems together, and in Proto-Indo-European, the value of the thematic vowel is either [e] or [o]..

TMO said:
the Greek thematic vowel is [o], but in Latin it's .

But aren't Greek and Latin both Indo-European languages?

1. What is quadroceptological?

Quadroceptology is a field of study that focuses on the four quadrants of the human body - the upper left, upper right, lower left, and lower right. It involves analyzing the muscle groups, movements, and functions of these quadrants to better understand human movement and performance.

2. How is quadroceptological different from quadraceptological?

While quadroceptology focuses on the four quadrants of the body, quadraceptology focuses specifically on the four major muscle groups that make up the quadriceps in the legs. These include the rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, and vastus intermedius. Quadroceptology is a broader field that encompasses quadraceptology.

3. What are the benefits of studying quadroceptological and quadraceptological?

Studying quadroceptological and quadraceptological can provide a better understanding of human movement and performance, which can be useful in fields such as sports science, physical therapy, and biomechanics. It can also help identify muscle imbalances and weaknesses, leading to more effective training and injury prevention.

4. Are there any risks associated with quadroceptological and quadraceptological studies?

There are no inherent risks associated with studying quadroceptological and quadraceptological. However, as with any physical activity or research, it is important to follow proper safety protocols and techniques to avoid injury.

5. How can I get involved in quadroceptological and quadraceptological research?

If you are interested in studying quadroceptological and quadraceptological, you can pursue a degree in kinesiology, biomechanics, or related fields. You can also reach out to universities or research institutions to see if they have any ongoing studies or opportunities for involvement.