Orcad / Pspice / ABM simulation of mathemathical equation

In summary, to simulate a mathematical equation in OrCad Pspice, you can use a SPICE that allows behavioral models, find a way to incorporate the equation into a standard lumped model, or implement the equation using polynomial resistors and dependent sources. However, SPICE is not a general purpose math solver and is specifically tailored to circuits in their most common "Lumped Model" forms.
olaftel
Hallo, I Need to know how is possible to simulate in OrCad Pspice this mathemathical equation. This will be my reference waveform and later I will design my own electrical circuit to be as Close as is possible mathemathical equation. I have Problem how to design time dependant current Output. Use some RC part and Integrator or do you have any idea please? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• equation.JPG
    equation.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 827
Engineering news on Phys.org
SPICE is not a general purpose math solver - it's specifically tailored to circuits in their most common "Lumped Model" forms.

So do add non-standard or arbitrary math into a circuit element you have to play some games:

1. Use a SPICE that allows behavioral models
2. Find a way to shoe-horn the equation into a standard lumped model (e.g. you can do mechanical lumped models as lumped electrical models with the proper conversion factors).
3. Implement the equation using polynomial resistors and dependent sources

1. What is Orcad / Pspice / ABM simulation of mathemathical equation?

Orcad, Pspice, and ABM simulation are software programs commonly used in the field of electronics and circuit design. These programs allow users to simulate the behavior of electronic circuits, including the mathematical equations that govern their functioning.

2. How does Orcad / Pspice / ABM simulation work?

Orcad, Pspice, and ABM simulation work by using mathematical models to represent the behavior of electronic components and circuits. These models are based on the fundamental laws of physics and can accurately predict the behavior of a circuit under different conditions.

3. What are the benefits of using Orcad / Pspice / ABM simulation?

Using Orcad, Pspice, and ABM simulation can save time and resources in the design process by allowing engineers to test and optimize their circuits before physically building them. It also provides a deeper understanding of circuit behavior and can aid in troubleshooting and debugging.

4. Can Orcad / Pspice / ABM simulation be used for all types of circuits?

Orcad, Pspice, and ABM simulation can be used for a wide range of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits. These programs have extensive libraries of electronic components and models, making them suitable for various applications.

5. Are there any limitations to using Orcad / Pspice / ABM simulation?

While Orcad, Pspice, and ABM simulation can accurately predict the behavior of circuits, they are not always perfect representations of real-world conditions. Factors such as component tolerances, temperature, and noise can affect the performance of a circuit, which may not be accurately reflected in the simulation.