Enginering Electromagnetics help

In summary, we have a charge density given by pv=10e^-3r{uC/m^3}, where r is measured in meters. We need to find the total charge Q contained in a sphere centered at the origin with a radius of meters. The formula for the volume of a sphere is 4/3πr^3. After integrating, we get an answer of 8.73 microCoulombs, which is the correct answer.
shaggyrogers

Homework Statement

The charge density throughout a region is give by pv=10e^-3r{uC/m^3}, where r is measeure in meters. Find the total charge Q contained in a sphere center about the origin that has a radius of meters.

Where e = -1.60210X10^-19

Homework Equations

e = -1.60210X10^-19
volume of a sphere = 4/3¶r^3

The Attempt at a Solution

didnt know where to start

Physics news on Phys.org
The following should help.

Regards,

Nacer.

http://islam.moved.in/tmp/page4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I figured out that part i just have trouble integrating the problem. I get some huge number when I do that. But I do appreciate you showing me that but, if you could can you show me how its worked out. The answer is 8.73microCoulombs. Thanks again

There an attachment of a sample problem like the one I am doing either way i still can't get the right answer.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    63.4 KB · Views: 493

1. What is Engineering Electromagnetics?

Engineering Electromagnetics is a branch of engineering that deals with the study of electromagnetic fields and their applications in electrical and electronic devices. It involves the application of electromagnetic principles to the design, analysis, and optimization of various systems and devices such as antennas, motors, generators, and transmission lines.

2. What topics are covered in Engineering Electromagnetics?

Engineering Electromagnetics covers a wide range of topics, including electrostatics, magnetostatics, electromagnetic waves, transmission lines, and electromagnetic radiation. It also includes the study of Maxwell's equations, boundary value problems, and the properties of various materials in the presence of electromagnetic fields.

3. Why is Engineering Electromagnetics important?

Engineering Electromagnetics is essential in the development and improvement of various electrical and electronic systems that are used in our daily lives. It has applications in communication systems, power systems, medical devices, and many other areas. Without this field of study, we would not have advanced technologies such as smartphones, computers, and wireless communication.

4. What are some common challenges in understanding Engineering Electromagnetics?

One of the main challenges in understanding Engineering Electromagnetics is the complex mathematical equations and concepts involved. Many students also struggle with visualizing and conceptualizing electromagnetic fields, as they are not directly observable. Additionally, the application of these principles to real-world problems can be challenging.

5. How can I improve my understanding of Engineering Electromagnetics?

To improve your understanding of Engineering Electromagnetics, it is essential to have a solid foundation in mathematics, particularly calculus and vector algebra. Additionally, practicing problems and visualizing electromagnetic phenomena through simulations and experiments can help improve understanding. It is also helpful to seek guidance from experienced professors or tutors if you have any difficulties in understanding specific concepts.