Ti 83 Calculator usage question

• Thread starter pillar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary, to input x=9 on the Ti 83 graph, go to 2nd, draw, and select vertical. This will allow you to visualize a vertical line test. Then, simply input x=9 on the home screen. This feature is useful for graphing functions to find integral bounds and the area between curves.
pillar
How do you input x=9 on the Ti 83 graph?

Physics news on Phys.org
Any reason why you want to use it? Are you attempting to vizualize a vertical line test.

Just go to 2nd, draw, vertical... It should show up on the home screen, then just input x=9. Hope that helps.

rbzima said:
Any reason why you want to use it? Are you attempting to vizualize a vertical line test.

Just go to 2nd, draw, vertical... It should show up on the home screen, then just input x=9. Hope that helps.
I'm trying to graph functions to find the integral bounds and the area between curves. Now I see how you input it, ok thanks for the help.

1. How do I turn on my Ti 83 Calculator?

To turn on your Ti 83 Calculator, press the ON button located at the top left corner of the calculator.

2. How do I enter numbers and equations on my Ti 83 Calculator?

To enter numbers and equations on your Ti 83 Calculator, simply use the number keys and mathematical symbols on the keypad. For example, to enter the equation "2+2", press the numbers 2, +, and 2 in that order.

3. How do I graph a function on my Ti 83 Calculator?

To graph a function on your Ti 83 Calculator, press the Y= button and enter the function using the function keys and symbols. Then, press the GRAPH button to see the graph on the screen.

4. How do I use the memory functions on my Ti 83 Calculator?

The Ti 83 Calculator has several memory functions such as storing numbers or variables. To use these functions, press the MATH button and select the desired memory function from the list.

5. How do I reset my Ti 83 Calculator?

To reset your Ti 83 Calculator, press the 2nd button and then the + (MEM) button. Select the RESET option from the menu and press ENTER to confirm.