Logic Function Being Implemented

In summary, the conversation is discussing a homework problem involving a truth table and algebraic form. The speaker suggests filling in the truth table to find the algebraic form instead of searching the web.
strk

Homework Statement

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/strkthug/KCL/qnumber7.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I can't find this any where on the web but for some reason I think it is like A*B=Y am not sure if that is correct

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't find this any where on the web but for some reason I think it is like A*B=Y am not sure if that is correct

It's not correct.

strk said:

Homework Statement

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/strkthug/KCL/qnumber7.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

You don't "search the web" for the answer. You write a truth table and fill it in:

Code:
A   B   Y
-   -   -
0   0
0   1
1   0
1   1

Fill in the table, and you can figure out the algebraic form from there...

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a logic function being implemented?

A logic function being implemented refers to the process of creating a circuit or program that performs a specific logical operation, such as AND, OR, or NOT. This allows for the manipulation and processing of binary inputs to produce a desired output.

2. How is a logic function implemented in a circuit?

A logic function can be implemented in a circuit using basic electronic components such as transistors, gates, and flip-flops. These components are arranged and connected in a specific way to create the desired logic function. The logic function can also be implemented using software programming languages.

3. What are the common types of logic functions?

The common types of logic functions include AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, XOR, and XNOR. These functions can be combined and cascaded to create more complex logic operations.

4. What is the importance of implementing logic functions?

Implementing logic functions is essential in digital electronics and computer science as it allows for the manipulation and processing of binary data. Logic functions are the building blocks of digital systems and are crucial in the design of circuits and programs.

5. How are logic functions tested and verified?

Logic functions can be tested and verified using simulation software or by physically connecting the circuit and providing input signals. The output of the logic function is then compared to the expected output to ensure that it is functioning correctly. Additionally, mathematical proofs and truth tables can be used to verify the logic function's behavior.