Exploring the Shape & Expansion of the Universe

In summary, the speaker is working on an assignment about the universe and is struggling with the structure and organization of their paper. They are seeking guidance on how to properly address the topic of the expanding universe and its evidence. They are also advised to start with an abstract and formulate a clear title for their paper.
LSulayman
Hello,
I'm working on an assignment where I explain some things about the universe.
This is what I'm writing about and also in the order in which I'm writing about it:

Part I The Shape of the Universe

Matter
The static model of the universe
A universe which is not static but:
closed universe
flat universe
open universe

Part II Evidence for the expanding universe

Measuring the age of the universe
Other evidence
What role does dark matter have in an expanding universe?

Now my teacher told me that the order in which I'm telling these things isn't right, somethings not ok with the structure...

Since I'm not an expert on the expanding universe (I'm not a physicist or an astronomer) It's really frustrating to understand what the right order is, when to write about what.
Also Part I and Part II have to have a connection. But how to explain?

Can someone help me out?

Space news on Phys.org

The purpose of your paper is unclear. Start with an abstract summarizing the question or questions you intend to address and evidence relevant to that effort. You should then formulate a title that condenses your abstract to a simple idea like 'Is the Universe Expanding?'. You may then introduce the various facts and factors you deem relevant and how you believe they lead to your conclusions.

1. What is the shape of the universe?

The shape of the universe is a topic that has been debated by scientists for centuries. Currently, the most widely accepted theory is that the universe is flat, meaning it has a Euclidean geometry and infinite extent in all directions.

2. How do scientists measure the expansion of the universe?

Scientists use a variety of methods to measure the expansion of the universe, including observing the redshift of light from distant galaxies, studying the cosmic microwave background radiation, and measuring the distances and velocities of objects in the universe.

3. What is dark energy and how does it contribute to the expansion of the universe?

Dark energy is a hypothetical form of energy that is thought to be responsible for the accelerating expansion of the universe. It is believed to make up about 70% of the total energy in the universe and its exact nature is still unknown.

4. Can the expansion of the universe be stopped or reversed?

Based on current observations and theories, it is unlikely that the expansion of the universe can be stopped or reversed. However, there are some theories that suggest a potential future contraction of the universe, known as the "Big Crunch".

5. How does the shape and expansion of the universe impact our understanding of time and space?

The shape and expansion of the universe are crucial factors in our understanding of time and space. They help us to understand the size and age of the universe, as well as the rate of its expansion. They also play a role in theories about the origins of the universe and the potential fate of the universe in the future.