Can Browser Cookies Affect Website Functionality? A Look at a Strange Bug on PF

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user experiencing random issues with the website "pf" and providing screenshots of these issues. The issues include clickable avatars and smilies being cut off, but the user believes it is a browser-related issue. Other users find the situation humorous and suggest that the browser has a good sense of humor.
mattmns
Am I the only person who has random issues with pf? Check out the following screenshot:

http://img199.exs.cx/img199/6979/mbscreenshot15jq.png

This one was a bit weird, after I refreshed it was back to normal.

To clear things up, the issue is on the left hand side in MB's area. The science advisor thing was her avatar according to the rollover text, and it was clickable as well. One of the smilies was a link to pf contribution, with the rollover text as well.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see any way that that could be an issue with the site; it looks like a purely browser-related issue to me. Are you using the latest version of Firefox?

- Warren

Yes, I am using 1.02 i686. This is the first time it ever happened with smilies on the side. What is more often for me is the one that happened in this screenshot, where things seem to get cut off. (ie, http://img125.exs.cx/img125/3049/mihscreenshot29sm.png )

This only happens maybe once a day, and usually a refresh fixs it, I am just curious as to if there is a solution.

Man,that Moonbear part is :rofl: You got a net browser with a sense of humor,u should be proud,instead of angry.

Daniel.

That is pretty funny Matt. I like the smiley next to "science advisor"

Yeah that surprised one next to science advisor is pretty funny. Maybe you all are right, my browser just has a good sense of humor.

LOL! That's pretty funny! Maybe your browser knows me too well. :rofl:

What is "A real funky issue this time"?

"A real funky issue this time" is a phrase commonly used to describe a situation or problem that is particularly unique or unusual.

Why is this issue considered "funky"?

This issue may be considered "funky" due to its unconventional nature, unexpected components, or unusual circumstances surrounding it.

What makes this issue a topic of interest?

This issue may be a topic of interest due to its potential impact on a particular field of study, its relevance to current events, or its potential for further research and exploration.

Has this issue been encountered before?

It is possible that similar issues have been encountered in the past, but each "real funky issue" is unique and has its own set of circumstances and characteristics.

How can this issue be addressed or resolved?

The best approach to addressing or resolving this issue would depend on its specific nature and context. It may require further research, analysis, or collaboration with other experts in the field.

Back