Can I post my light theory on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter McQueen
  • Start date
In summary, a member of Physics Forums is addressing the moderators ZapperZ and Vanesch to propose their theory on the propagation of light and electromagnetic radiation, which combines elements of both waves and particles. The member expresses respect for the moderators and asks for permission to share their ideas in the forum, which is against the Posting Guidelines. The moderators suggest submitting the ideas to the Independent Research Forum instead. The member thanks the staff and agrees to follow the guidelines.
McQueen
This post is addressed to ZapperZ and Vanesch , Moderator and Mentor of Physics Forums respectively. I wish to put forward my own theory on the propagation of light and electromagnetic radiation which far from being either wave or particle in nature is (according to my theory ) in effect a symbiosis of the two. I wish to state that I have the greatest respect and regard for ZapperZ , both for his work and his dedication to his subject and for Vanesch who has submitted a paper to the Royal Society. I ask these two , I would say pivotal people , whether it is permissible to put forward my ideas here.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is against the Posting Guidelines of Physics Forums. If you would like to discuss your ideas, we invite you to submit a post to the Independent Research Forum, subject to the applicable guidelines, found https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=82301.

We appreciate your cooperation, and hope you enjoy the Forums.

The Staff of Physics Forums

Thank you staff of Pysics forums . I will post in the designated area , and (hope ) I am within the guidelines.

1. Can I post my light theory on Physics Forums?

Yes, you can post your light theory on Physics Forums. As a community dedicated to discussing and sharing knowledge about physics, we encourage members to share their theories and ideas for discussion and feedback.

2. Will my light theory be accepted on Physics Forums?

We cannot guarantee that your light theory will be accepted on Physics Forums. However, as long as your theory is well-researched, supported by evidence, and relevant to the field of physics, it is likely to be accepted by the community.

3. Are there any guidelines for posting my light theory on Physics Forums?

Yes, there are guidelines for posting on Physics Forums, including guidelines for posting theories and ideas. We recommend that you review these guidelines before posting your light theory to ensure that it meets the community's standards.

4. Can I ask for feedback on my light theory?

Yes, asking for feedback on your light theory is encouraged on Physics Forums. Members of the community may provide constructive criticism and help you refine your theory further.

5. Are there any restrictions on the format or length of my light theory post?

There are no specific restrictions on the format or length of your light theory post. However, we recommend that you present your theory in a clear and concise manner and provide relevant evidence and sources to support your ideas.