Questions on Agilent DC Power Supply Schematic with CC

• Thread starter waht
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schematic
In summary, the conversation discusses an Agilent DC power supply schematic with CC and raises questions about the purpose of certain components, such as diodes CR10 and CR11, and the functions of R34 and JP1 and JP2. The diodes are used to prevent excess voltage across the op-amp's input, while the current through R2 is measured by a bridge circuit. There is also a discussion about the connection between J1 and +S, which may not be directly shown on the schematic. The schematic also includes high impedance digital voltmeters to measure voltage and current. However, the positive output terminal is oddly connected to ground through the bias supply S+.
waht
This is an Agilent DC power supply schematic with CC. I've been going over it and got a few questions.

What is the purpose of 2 diodes CR10 CR11 in the current error amplifier and how is the current amplifier suppose to measure voltage across R2? Why do we need R34 ?

Also what does JP1 and JP2 do?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I would say that the diodes are to prevent too much voltage from developing across the input of the op-amp. The current through R2 (voltage across it) is sensed by the bridge circuit formed by R27 and R34 (one side) and R18 and R17 (other side). Somehow, through J1 (3) V+ there must be a connection back to +S. I don't see it on the schematic though. But it must be present in order for U4B to develop an input voltage. It may not be a direct connection, but there must be something that relates them.

Well, the V+ V- and I+ I- are high impedance digital voltmeters. One to measure voltage across the output and the other was suppose to display current by measuring voltage across R2.

The weird aspect of this schematic is the positive output terminal is basically a ground with respect to the bias supply S+ .

1. What is a CC mode on an Agilent DC power supply schematic?

CC mode, or constant current mode, is a setting on an Agilent DC power supply that allows the user to set a specific current level that the power supply will provide to the circuit. This mode is useful for testing and powering devices that require a constant current, such as LEDs or transistors.

2. How do I switch between CC and CV modes on an Agilent DC power supply schematic?

To switch between CC and CV modes on an Agilent DC power supply, you can either use the front panel controls or send a command through the remote interface. On the front panel, press the CC/CV button to toggle between modes. Through the remote interface, use the *CLS (clear status) command to switch to CC mode and the *RST (reset) command to switch to CV mode.

3. What is the difference between CC and CV modes on an Agilent DC power supply schematic?

The main difference between CC and CV modes on an Agilent DC power supply is the way the output is regulated. In CC mode, the power supply maintains a constant current level, while in CV mode, it maintains a constant voltage level. This allows for more precise control over the output for different types of devices.

4. How do I read the schematic for an Agilent DC power supply?

To read the schematic for an Agilent DC power supply, you will need a basic understanding of electronics symbols and circuit diagrams. The schematic will show the various components and connections within the power supply, including the input power source, control circuitry, and output components. You can refer to the user manual for more detailed information on the specific schematic you are working with.

5. Can I modify the CC mode settings on an Agilent DC power supply schematic?

Yes, you can modify the CC mode settings on an Agilent DC power supply schematic through the front panel controls or through the remote interface. You can adjust the current level, as well as other settings such as overcurrent protection and current ramping. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines and specifications when making modifications to ensure safe and accurate operation of the power supply.