How Do You Calculate Arc Length and Volume of Rotated Solids in Calculus?

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with two calculus questions that are due in the next half hour. They provide details about the questions and express their hope for someone to help them in time. However, another person advises them to focus on learning the material rather than the deadline and suggests showing their progress so far for others to guide them. The original person then states that they have figured out the questions on their own.
Undercover.Terrorist
i have 2 calculus questions that are due in the next half n hour and i have no idea how to even start them. I hope somoene can help me in time.

Question1
Find the volume of the solid obtained if the plane region E bounded by the curve y=x^2 and y=x^3 between x=0 and x=1 is rotated about the x-axis

Question2
Find the length of the curve y=coshx between points (0,1) and (1,e^2+1/2e)

If anyone can help me...i need the solutions quickly...thanks in advance

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of these forums.

If you truly want to learn the material, forget the homework deadline. You already dug your own grave anyway, by waiting until the last half hour (not that I'm condemning this - we've all been there).

Instead, work out what you can with the problems, show us what you've gotten so far, and somebody will surely jump in and guide you further.

don't worry about it..i figured it out for myself.

1. What is the formula for finding the arc length of a circle?

The formula for finding the arc length of a circle is:
L = rθ
Where L is the arc length, r is the radius of the circle, and θ is the central angle in radians.

2. How do you find the volume of a solid with a known cross-sectional area?

To find the volume of a solid with a known cross-sectional area, you can use the formula:
V = A * h
Where V is the volume, A is the cross-sectional area, and h is the height of the solid.

3. Can the arc length of a circle be greater than the circumference?

No, the arc length of a circle cannot be greater than the circumference. The circumference is the complete distance around the circle, while the arc length is only a portion of that distance.

4. How do you find the volume of a cone?

To find the volume of a cone, you can use the formula:
V = (1/3) * π * r^2 * h
Where V is the volume, π is the constant pi, r is the radius of the base, and h is the height of the cone.

5. What is the difference between arc length and perimeter?

Arc length is the distance along a curved line, while perimeter is the distance around a closed shape. Arc length is typically used for circles or other curved shapes, while perimeter is used for polygons and other straight-sided shapes.