Physics 1 (University Physics) Online

In summary, due to time constraints and restrictions from the speaker's university, they are looking for an accredited four year+ school that offers Physics 1 online over the summer. The speaker has not found any options yet and expresses disappointment. Another participant in the conversation questions the practicality of the request and suggests discussing it with an advisor. The speaker clarifies that their school will not allow them to take classes at a community college and mentions living in the US. They also explain their desire to get ahead by taking the class over the summer. The conversation ends with a suggestion to seek clarification from the school and a statement that there are no known entirely online calculus-based physics courses.
AnkhUNC
Due to time restraints and the fact that my university won't let me take classes at a two year (But won't offer it during the summer themselves -_-) I need to find an accredited four year+ school that offers Physics 1 online over the summer. I've been looking around but haven't found anything as of yet.

Physics news on Phys.org
No one? :(

I think it's rather unrealistic to expect someone with your precise experience to come along and reply within an hour and a half. It's also quite a strange request-- I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to find some online university in order to complete one introductory class for your degree. If your school tells you you cannot take it concurrently with another class, or that they will not let you take it over the summer, then there's probably a reason for that.

Anyway, I'm most probably not from your country (although you do not even say where that is) so won't be able to help you. Have you tried discussing this with your advisor in your department?

I already have a degree so my school won't let me take any classes at a community college. I live in the US but seeing as its a distance ed request I don't think the country matters. The reason I want to take it over the summer is to get ahead, otherwise I would end up having to wait another semester before I matriculate.

The reason I bumped the initial is things fall rather fast around here.

Your school could be in violation of an articulation agreement if they refuse to accept credit from a community college. I teach an online algebra-based physics course at Chemeketa Community College and my students never have had a problem. I would encourage you to get something in writing, then bring it to your local community college and see what happens. Regarding your specific problem, I am not aware of any entirely online calculus-based physics courses.

1. What is the purpose of taking Physics 1 (University Physics) Online?

The purpose of taking Physics 1 (University Physics) Online is to introduce students to the basic principles and concepts of physics, including topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity, and magnetism. This course is typically a requirement for students pursuing degrees in science, engineering, or other related fields.

2. Is it possible to succeed in Physics 1 (University Physics) Online without prior knowledge of physics?

Yes, it is possible to succeed in Physics 1 (University Physics) Online without prior knowledge of physics. This course is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of physics and assumes no prior knowledge. However, it is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics, as this is necessary for understanding and solving physics problems.

3. How much time should I dedicate to studying for Physics 1 (University Physics) Online?

The amount of time you should dedicate to studying for Physics 1 (University Physics) Online will depend on your individual learning style and understanding of the material. However, as a general guideline, it is recommended to spend at least 2-3 hours per week on studying and completing assignments for this course.

4. Are there any online resources available to help with understanding the material in Physics 1 (University Physics) Online?

Yes, there are many online resources available to help with understanding the material in Physics 1 (University Physics) Online. These may include lecture notes, video tutorials, interactive simulations, and practice problems. Your instructor may also provide additional resources or recommend textbooks for further study.

5. What are the key skills that can be gained from taking Physics 1 (University Physics) Online?

Taking Physics 1 (University Physics) Online can help you develop a strong understanding of fundamental physics concepts and principles. It can also improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to analyze and interpret data. Additionally, this course can help prepare you for further studies in physics or related fields.