Acceptance/rejection dates for Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada)?

In summary: I don't know any Dutch, so if I were to go to Belgium (or at the very least, apply there - grades are average but hoping that I make it in somewhere), I wouldn't apply to the Flemish side (obviously). You know anything about Physics departments on the French side? There's only a handful of them...There's one in Paris, one in Grenoble, and one in Toulouse. I don't know much else about them, sorry.There's one in Paris, one in Grenoble, and one in Toulouse. I don't know much else about them, sorry.That's great news! I hope you'll have a chance
nonequilibrium
I was wondering if anybody knew about when I should hear back from PSI? I realize the chance someone will be able to give me an answer is small, as it is not stated on their site and the course is only about 3 years old so few people have experience with it, but I was thinking that it's not unlikely people of this forum have applied in the previous years.

Anyway, this question is of course not important; knowing the answer will do nothing but satisfy my curiosity.

PS: it might be relevant to note that I applied somewhere around 1 dec.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I got an acceptance email 03/07 and was given 2 weeks to accept. If you haven't heard by now, maybe you'll hear in 2 weeks if anyone decides not to take up the offer? Good luck!

Thanks for letting me know what's going on! (Haven't heard back yet myself)

Maybe see you next year ;)

Out of interest, are you applying to other Masters courses too? Or PhDs?

Yup, also applied to Tripos III in Cambridge, to which I got accepted already. Also considering LMU and maybe even Utrecht and a wee little Imperial.

You?

Part III, cool! Rigorous stuff. I have friends who have gotten a lot out of it. Cambridge is a lovely place too. PSI is the only programme I applied to (risky, I know!) as I'm putting off my PhD until next year and I was worried about the lack of funding for other masters courses.

Well it seems you scored it, congratulations :)

I'd be glad to join you, but it seems my odds are slim since the first batch of acceptance mails has gone out... I wish I'd just know already (either way), I can't stand the waiting anymore.

Good to hear those positive words about Part III ;)

See you next year jell0fish, I got the acceptance mail :D I'm so happy :) I'm happy I didn't lie to myself and always put PSI on number one; it worked out in the end!

Congratulations on your offers.

Out of curiosity, where are you guys doing your undergraduate degrees?

Thank you.

I'm currently attending KU Leuven in Belgium.

Why are you asking? :) Connected to our PSI offers?

mr. vodka said:
Thank you.

I'm currently attending KU Leuven in Belgium.

Why are you asking? :) Connected to our PSI offers?

Cool, thanks! If I'm not mistaken, Micromass is there too!

Well, I like Physics. I also applied to study in Germany (Leipzig) and wanted to know if things worked out for people who applied outside of Europe. I know for a fact that Dutch, German and Belgian undergraduate degrees (at least, in maths and physics) are more advanced than their American counterparts but of the 2-3 I've seen on physicsgre.com and mathematicsgre.com, most were not very accessible with applications in the States. And I wanted to know why! I was talking about it with a friend and we agreed upon one thing: the grading system. A 1.8 in Germany is a big thing. It's closer to a 3.8 than to a 3.2 GPA, I'd think...I suppose things like that raise a few alarms...

I don't know any Dutch, so if I were to go to Belgium (or at the very least, apply there - grades are average but hoping that I make it in somewhere), I wouldn't apply to the Flemish side (obviously). You know anything about Physics departments on the French side? There's only a handful of them...

1. When are the acceptance/rejection dates for Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada)?

The acceptance/rejection dates for Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada) vary each year. Typically, applicants are notified of their admission status in late March or early April.

2. How will I be notified of my acceptance/rejection for Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada)?

Applicants will be notified via email of their admission status. Those who are accepted will also receive a formal letter of acceptance.

3. Is there an appeal process if I am rejected from Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada)?

No, there is no appeal process for rejected applicants. The admissions decision is final and cannot be appealed.

4. Can I defer my acceptance to Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada) to a later year?

Yes, accepted applicants may request to defer their admission to a later year. However, deferrals are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.

5. Will I receive any financial support if I am accepted to Perimeter Scholars Institute (Canada)?

Yes, all accepted students receive a full scholarship covering tuition, accommodation, and living expenses for the duration of the program.