Reporting Posts: Do Admins/Mods Track Who Reports?

• Thread starter DrClaude
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of reporting posts on the forum and whether or not the admins/moderators track this activity. The person speaking is concerned about potentially being warned for reporting too many posts, but is reassured that this will only happen if they abuse the report button. The conversation ends with the understanding that reporting posts is important for maintaining the ethos of the forum and keeping discussions focused on science.
DrClaude
Mentor
I seem to have been reporting many posts recently. One reason may be that I am trying to be more active now that I get a science advisor badge. But at the same time, I don't want to look like a small town sheriff, drunk on the power of his shiny star on his breast...

So my question: do the admins/moderators track who is reporting posts? And will I be warned if the mods think I'm too trigger happy with the report button?

Physics news on Phys.org
If we think you are too-trigger happy, we'll let you know. You'll only get warned if you abuse the REPORT post button.

If not, continue reporting. If we don't find the reported post to be of any harm, we just won't take any action against it. It's that easy.

Zz.

Thanks Zz.

Your reported posts that I looked at badly needed reporting.

Thank you.

Integral said:
That what I thought also!

I think I understand the ethos of PF, with which I entirely agree and the reason why I stuck around (I can't stand discussing nonsense or pseudoscience). But since I haven't been here for an entire year yet, I just wanted to make sure.

Integral said:

Thank you.
:rofl:

1. How does the reporting system work on this platform?

The reporting system works by allowing users to flag or report posts that they believe violate the platform's guidelines. This can be done by clicking on a designated button or link on the post.

2. Who has access to the reports submitted by users?

Only the platform's administrators and moderators have access to the reports submitted by users. They are responsible for reviewing the reports and taking appropriate action.

3. Is my identity revealed when I report a post?

No, your identity is kept confidential when you report a post. The platform's administrators and moderators will not disclose the identity of the reporter to the person who posted the reported content.

4. How do admins/mods track the reports?

Admins and mods have access to a reporting dashboard where they can see all the reports that have been submitted. They can also filter the reports by type, date, and severity to prioritize their review process.

5. What happens after a post is reported?

After a post is reported, the admins and mods will review the reported content and determine if it violates the platform's guidelines. If it does, the post may be removed or the user may receive a warning or penalty depending on the severity of the violation.