Chantrel hunting as self healing

• News
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Self
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for healing after a tragic event, with one person finding solace in mushroom hunting during their vacation. They mention the abundance of mushrooms this year and plan to freeze them for later use.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
We all need to come to terms with the terrible ordeal our country have been through; for the relatives of our 77 dead, the almost 100 wounded and the 500+ terrified youths who survived physically unscathed, such processes of healing may take years, if they ever can be said to heal.
For me, having vacation, it has helped to take my mind off this, by going out in the woods for mushroom hunting , particularly after the common/yellow chanterelle.
It is an insanely, spectacularly good mushroom year this year, probably due to much rain and high temperatures.
Just today, I picked 2.5 kilograms of this forest gold! :smile:

(Unfortunately, now I REALLY have to go and cleanse&rinse it properly..:frown:)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
wow, that's a lot of mushrooms. i hope they store well.

Proton Soup said:
wow, that's a lot of mushrooms. i hope they store well.
Yes.
Chanterelles can be freezed, and keep the taste very well

1. What is the concept of Chantrel hunting as self healing?

Chantrel hunting as self healing is the practice of using the act of foraging for wild Chantrel mushrooms as a form of therapy and self-care. It involves immersing oneself in nature, engaging in physical activity, and connecting with the environment in order to promote mental and emotional well-being.

2. What are the potential benefits of Chantrel hunting as self healing?

Some potential benefits of Chantrel hunting as self healing include reduced stress and anxiety, improved mood and mental clarity, increased physical activity and outdoor time, and a sense of connection with nature and the environment. It can also provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction from successfully finding and harvesting these prized mushrooms.

3. How does Chantrel hunting as self healing compare to other forms of therapy?

Chantrel hunting as self healing is a unique form of therapy that combines elements of physical activity, mindfulness, and nature immersion. It can be seen as complementary to other forms of therapy, such as talk therapy or medication, and can provide a more holistic approach to mental and emotional well-being.

4. Are there any precautions that should be taken when Chantrel hunting as self healing?

As with any outdoor activity, it is important to take precautions when Chantrel hunting as self healing. This includes being aware of potential hazards in the environment, wearing appropriate clothing and protective gear, and following proper foraging and hunting guidelines. It is also important to be mindful of any physical limitations and to take breaks as needed.

5. Can Chantrel hunting as self healing be beneficial for everyone?

Chantrel hunting as self healing can be beneficial for most individuals, but it may not be appropriate for everyone. It is important to consider any physical limitations, allergies, or other health concerns before engaging in this activity. It is also important to approach it with a positive and open mindset in order to fully reap the potential benefits.

Back