Homework forum posting bug

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter rar0308
  • Start date
In summary, users are experiencing an issue where a post template is automatically added to the bottom of their posts. The supervisors are aware of the problem but cannot fix it. A suggestion is to place the template in a different location and have users manually copy it into their posts. However, many users are still ignoring the template, even though it can result in being banned. Some suggest implementing a button that automatically copies and pastes the template, but it may not be effective as users may still ignore it. This could lead to extra work for mentors in issuing warnings to those who do not use the button.
rar0308
Each time I preview a post template is added at the bottom of a post.
I heard that supervisor know this problem but can't fix it.
So my suggestion is not using template in a post. Instead put template other position and let users copy it to a post themselves.

Physics news on Phys.org
rar0308 said:
So my suggestion is not using template in a post. Instead put template other position and let users copy it to a post themselves.

People are ignoring template even knowing they should not, and even knowing it can get them banned. Hoping they will copy/paste the template from somewhere else is a naivety.

I agree with Borek. There are already enough 1st-time posters that ignore the template when it is right in front of them, we can't expect people to actively copy-and-paste it into their posts consistently.

Is it possible to make the button which copy and paste automatically template into a post? That make it easier. There maybe other bottons which copy diferrent template for different type of questions. Because users questions are not restricted to problem type. So users choose the right template for their purpose and neglect template lesser.

rar0308 said:
Is it possible to make the button which copy and paste automatically template into a post? That make it easier.
I don't know if that is possible, but if it were then I believe many new members would ignore it -- I base this on the observation of all the new members who ignore instructions not to post homework outside of the designated homework forums.

It would be extra work for the Mentors to issue official Warnings to all the users who did not press that button.

What is the "Homework forum posting bug"?

The "Homework forum posting bug" is a technical issue that occurs on certain online homework forums where users are unable to post or submit their homework assignments. This bug can affect both students and teachers, and can cause frustration and delays in completing assignments.

What causes the "Homework forum posting bug"?

The exact cause of the "Homework forum posting bug" can vary, but it is often due to coding errors or glitches in the website's system. It can also be caused by a high volume of users on the site, which can overload the server and result in technical issues.

How can I fix the "Homework forum posting bug"?

The best way to fix the "Homework forum posting bug" is to report it to the website's technical support team. They will be able to investigate the issue and work on a solution. In the meantime, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser to access the forum.

Is there a way to prevent the "Homework forum posting bug" from happening?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent the "Homework forum posting bug" from happening. However, you can try to minimize the chances of encountering it by making sure your internet connection is stable, using a supported browser, and avoiding any potential triggers such as heavy website traffic.

Can the "Homework forum posting bug" be fixed permanently?

As with any technical issue, there is always a possibility of the "Homework forum posting bug" resurfacing in the future. However, website developers and technical support teams are constantly working on improving and updating the system to prevent such bugs from occurring. So while it may not be completely fixed forever, there is hope for a more stable and bug-free experience in the future.