Load Commutation -Power Electronics in Simulink

by jgfdsa
Tags: commutation, electronics, load, power, simulink
jgfdsa
Sep18-13, 03:42 AM
P: 1
Dear friends

I have been using SIMULINK for some time already... I am impress with the new toolboxs and ready blocks.

Therefore, I wanted to simulate a simply load commutation, using a simple configuration of an LCI ( Load Commutated Inverter) please check picture attached.

I think by using the speed of the motor (which can be taken from Motor simulink ready block) and knowing the initial position of the rotor, can be a good control signal to trigger the thyristor. But this is not my goal, I think that with this any mosfet configuration is good enough.

I want to build a simple model which "provide" the load-commutation from the emf of the rotor. I think only applies to Synchronous Motors. ( Perhaps in Synchronous generators during braking ? )

Right now I am only introducing my idea here.

If someone would like to give a try to this I will be happy to follow this post and I am sure that together we can come up with something.
Attached Thumbnails
LCI basic circuit.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility

Register to reply