How can I find a solution for c and d for all real integer values?

• Thread starter x86
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integer
In summary, the conversation discusses solving an equation for variables c and d given a range of values for variable w. After setting w to 0 and 1 and solving for c and d, it is proven that the solution holds true for those values, but it is uncertain if it holds true for all values of w. The possibility of c=a+b is also discussed, but it is concluded that it is impossible as it would make the denominator zero. It is stated that there is no fixed solution for c and d that would work for more than one value of w.
$$w = \frac{(ab - d) }{c - a - b}$$

I have to solve the above equation for variables `c` and `d` if `w` can be any number from $$w \in (-\infty, +\infty)$$

If we set `w = 0, then w = 1` we can solve for `c and d`

$$0 = ab - d$$
$$d = ab$$
$$c = a + b$$

Now if I can substitute the values to check the solution for `w = 1`
$$c - a - b = ab - d$$
Substituting c, $$a + b - a - b = ab - d$$
$$0 = ab - d$$
$$d = ab$$

I know that my solution is true for both `w = 0 and w = 1` but how can I prove that my solution is true for $$w \in (-\infty, +\infty)$$

I've tried this:

$$w(c - a - b) = (ab - d)$$
$$w(a + b - a -b) = ab - d$$
$$0 = ab - d$$

$$ab = d$$

But is this really an acceptable way of solving the solution? I am very confused. I've proved that the equations I found earlier (when I set w = 1 and w = 0) are true when w = w by putting it into the mother equation

Mathematics news on Phys.org
There are no fixed c,d, such that the equation is true for more than one w. If you know a,b,c,d, you can calculate w, it cannot be more than one value.

c=a+b is impossible, this would make the denominator zero.

Either you try something impossible, or it is unclear what you want to do.

1. How do I find a solution for c and d?

To find a solution for c and d, you can use various methods such as algebraic manipulation, substitution, or graphing. It is important to clearly define the problem and variables before attempting to find a solution.

2. Can I find a solution for c and d for all real integer values?

Yes, it is possible to find a solution for c and d for all real integer values. However, the process may vary depending on the specific problem and variables involved.

3. What is the importance of finding a solution for c and d?

Finding a solution for c and d can be crucial in solving mathematical equations and problems. It allows us to understand the relationship between variables and make accurate predictions and calculations.

4. Are there any limitations to finding a solution for c and d?

There may be limitations to finding a solution for c and d, such as when the equations involved are too complex or have multiple variables. In such cases, it may be necessary to use numerical methods or approximation techniques.

5. Can I use technology to find a solution for c and d?

Yes, technology can be a helpful tool in finding a solution for c and d. There are various software and online tools available that can solve equations and equations systems, making the process more efficient and accurate.