What makes Murray Spiegel's book stand out from other Schaum's Outline books?

• Thread starter xouper
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, there is a particular Schaum's Outline book by Murray Spiegel that is not as cheap as most other used Schaum's books. It is out of print, which explains its higher price due to supply and demand. However, this reasoning does not apply to other out-of-print Schaum's books, as they are generally priced lower.
Physics news on Phys.org
$14 is expensive?

That is pretty cheap compared to what they are charging on Amazon for used copies. They are going for at least $60.

Integral: $14 is expensive?
May I ask, where is there a copy for that price? The book is out of print.

It is out of print? That explains why it is so expensive. Supply goes down (well stays the same really) while demand goes up. That means that price goes up. Using my High School Economics- my teacher would be so proud.

Norman: It is out of print? That explains why it is so expensive.
In this particular case it doesn't, since several other Schaum's books by Spiegel are also out-of-print and they are dirt cheap. In fact, most out-of-print Schaum's books are dirt cheap.

I just looked at your link.

But I didn't scroll down!

What is the cost of Spiegel's book?

The cost of Spiegel's book may vary depending on the retailer, format (e-book or physical copy), and location. It is best to check with the specific retailer or publisher for the most accurate price.

Is Spiegel's book expensive?

The cost of Spiegel's book may be considered expensive by some, but it ultimately depends on the individual's budget and perception of value. It is always a good idea to shop around for the best deal.

Why does Spiegel's book cost so much?

The cost of Spiegel's book may be influenced by various factors such as production costs, marketing expenses, and the author's reputation. Additionally, the demand for the book can also impact the price.

Are there any discounts available for Spiegel's book?

Some retailers or publishers may offer discounts for Spiegel's book, especially during promotional periods or for bulk purchases. It is worth checking for any available discounts before making a purchase.

Will the cost of Spiegel's book decrease over time?

The cost of Spiegel's book may decrease over time, especially if it becomes widely available in the market. However, this is not always the case, and some books may even increase in value as they become rare or collectible. It is best to keep an eye on the market and make a purchase at a price that is suitable for you.