Increase efficiency of rotating shaft.

In summary, the base of this theorey is that force or weight is stationary and can help to rotate pulleys. We can convert gravitational force into energy by using this technology. This is useful in power plants and transportation vehicles.
Jigar111
Here I describe one mechanical engineering situation that is very useful in any kind of mechanical and energy consumed industries.I hope you will try to understand it and use it. If you find any difficulty to understand ,feel free to ask me.
we can increase efficiency of rotating shaft. we can lift mass using less energy by using simple mechanism. please take few minute to read .we can use this technology in power plants and transportation vehicles.
The base of this theorey is force or weight is stationary and it can help to rotate pulleys . we can convert gravitational force into energy while the mass or weight is stationary.
Click on Photos to View Figures(Energyefficiency and Energy efficiency2)

The figure(energy efficiency) is in cross section. as shown in figure, there are two cases. in each case there are two pulleys of same diameter. each pulley is of exactly circular shape.In first case 50 k.g weight is fixed with each pulley as shown in figure. The center of each pulley is fixed. Between these two pulleys there is a stationary plate. plate will remain stationary, while rotating the pulleys because centers of pulleys are fixed. 100 k.g weight is put on this plate. The force or weight of plate is applied on these two pulleys in vertical downward direction. now we try to rotate slowly first pulley in clockwise direction and second pulley in anti clockwise direction. lubrication is provided between the contact surfaces of stationary plate and pulleys.
In second case two pulleys of same diameter. 50 k.g weight is also fixed with each pulley, but there is no stationary plate and 100 k.g weight. Now we try to rotate slowly first pulley in clockwise direction and second pulley in anti clockwise direction.
As free body diagram in first case we can rotate pulleys using less moment of force. we can lift mass using less energy.

1. In case 1) the moment necessary to rotate each pulley is

m=(-g/2cos(bita)+g1*cos(alpha))*r
where:
g is weight of plate (=100 kg)
g1 is given weight (=50 kg)
Pl visit [crackpot link deleted]

Attachments

• energy efficiency.pdf
    196.8 KB · Views: 338
  • energyefficiency2.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't understand what it is you are really doing with these "pulleys" and "fixed plates" and such. From the look of your description, you are trying to get free energy from gravity without moving anything, which won't work. Additionally, it take a set amount of work to move an object "up" in a gravitational field, given by E=m*g*h. You can't escape the fact that it will take this same amount of total energy regardless of its source.

Jigar111 said:
we can increase efficiency of rotating shaft.

I'm not seeing where this has anything to do with rotating shafts, other than the axles of the pulleys. You certainly aren't increasing their efficiency.

Jigar111 said:
we can lift mass using less energy by using simple mechanism. please take few minute to read .we can use this technology in power plants and transportation vehicles.

As I stated before, it will take the same amount of energy no matter what, and you can't just create energy out of thin air, so this is doomed to failure.

Jigar111 said:
The base of this theorey is force or weight is stationary and it can help to rotate pulleys . we can convert gravitational force into energy while the mass or weight is stationary.

To convert gravitational force into energy, you need to move a distance also so that you can do WORK. W=F*d so if d=0, the work is zero and you have gotten zero energy.

Jigar111 said:
The force or weight of plate is applied on these two pulleys in vertical downward direction. now we try to rotate slowly first pulley in clockwise direction and second pulley in anti clockwise direction. lubrication is provided between the contact surfaces of stationary plate and pulleys.

How exactly is this plate supposed to be attached to the pulleys? If this "fixed plate" is fixed to the pulleys, the pulleys will not be able to move. You're acting as if the plate will cause a constant force at one location of the pulleys utilizing gravity alone, which is impossible since the plate will have to move if the pulley moves (and they are fixed together). Also, since the pulleys are moving in opposite directions, the plate will have to stretch and shrink with each revolution, impossible. Obviously you have made a grave error in your concept, and it definitely won't work.

Jigar111 said:
In second case two pulleys of same diameter. 50 k.g weight is also fixed with each pulley, but there is no stationary plate and 100 k.g weight. Now we try to rotate slowly first pulley in clockwise direction and second pulley in anti clockwise direction.
As free body diagram in first case we can rotate pulleys using less moment of force. we can lift mass using less energy.

Huh? :grumpy: This doesn't make sense.

You are obviously missing several points in your concept. You need to do some serious rethinking :rolleyes:

This thread won't last long. As already pointed out, you need to rethink your strategy here. To put it simply, you are not going to cheat when it comes to energy required to move a load.

I sure would like to know how that stationary plate is supposed to be mounted.

EDIT: Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I looked at the second pdf. This is physically not possible. You have the "stationary" plate as part of the two pulleys. How in the world are the two pulleys supposed to rotate. You now have them both constrained to be stationary as well (which has already been pointed out by M.E.).

Last edited:
If there was a tetherball anywhere in one of those pictures, I'd be sounding the 'aviator' alarm. Maybe this is his little brother.

Jigar111, I'll only say this once (per thread, anyway...): we do not support crackpottery here. If you want help understanding where you went wrong, we'll help, but we're not a place for spamming crackpot websites.

Your understanding of how machines work is extremely poor. If you have a serious interest in engineering, start taking classes at the nearest college. Sophomore year engineering statics and dynamics will not only give you some good instincts, but also the tools with which to analyze your ideas.

If that won't work for you, these 'machines' you have sketched would take mere minutes to build at home and you would be able to see easily that they don't work.

1. How can I increase the efficiency of a rotating shaft?

There are several ways to increase the efficiency of a rotating shaft. One of the most effective methods is to reduce friction by using high-quality lubricants and ensuring proper alignment of the shaft. Additionally, using lightweight materials and reducing the number of bearings can also improve efficiency. Regular maintenance and proper balancing are also important factors.

2. What are the benefits of increasing the efficiency of a rotating shaft?

Increasing the efficiency of a rotating shaft can lead to several benefits, including reduced energy consumption, improved performance, and longer lifespan of the equipment. It can also result in cost savings and a decrease in downtime due to fewer breakdowns.

3. Can changing the design of a rotating shaft improve efficiency?

Yes, changing the design of a rotating shaft can improve efficiency. For example, using a larger diameter shaft can help distribute load and reduce stress, resulting in improved efficiency. Additionally, incorporating features such as aerodynamic shapes and reducing the number of components can also increase efficiency.

4. How can I determine the efficiency of a rotating shaft?

The efficiency of a rotating shaft can be determined by calculating the power input and power output of the system. The efficiency is then calculated by dividing the power output by the power input and multiplying by 100%. This will give you a percentage value that represents the efficiency of the shaft.

5. Are there any technological advancements that can increase the efficiency of a rotating shaft?

Yes, there are several technological advancements that can increase the efficiency of a rotating shaft. For instance, using advanced materials such as carbon fiber and ceramic bearings can reduce friction and improve efficiency. Additionally, incorporating sensors and monitoring systems can help identify and address any inefficiencies in real-time, leading to further improvements.