Simplest way of figuring out square roots?

In summary, the easiest and simplest way to figure out square roots is to use a calculator. However, if you want to do it by hand, you can refer to websites like Wikipedia for guidance. Other mathematical basics such as trigonometry and golden ratios can also be explored, but using a calculator is usually the most efficient method.
RuroumiKenshin
What's the most easiest, simplest way of figuring out square roots?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
pick up your calculator.

I meant by hhand without the use of a calculator.

Thanks.

I guess there's lots of mathematical basics, that where all seriously neglecting!

Like trigonometry, i just punch the tan, cos, and sin functions on the calc!

I once tried to work it out for myself but got bored after about 2 days :frown:

Then there's golden ratios 1+((sqrt 5-1)/2)
Pi = roughly 355/113 (Worked out by yours truely) Ghost prime / prime

[zz)] i mean wake up! lol

Originally posted by suffian
pick up your calculator.

LMFAO!

Sorry not to laugh but that's funny!
PEACE OUT!
Dx

What is a square root?

A square root is a number that, when multiplied by itself, gives the original number. For example, the square root of 9 is 3, because 3 x 3 = 9.

Why is it important to know how to find square roots?

Knowing how to find square roots can be useful in various math and science applications, such as calculating distances, areas, and volumes.

What is the simplest way of figuring out square roots?

The simplest way of figuring out square roots is by using a calculator. However, if you do not have a calculator, you can use a method called "guess and check" or the long division method.

How do you use the "guess and check" method for finding square roots?

To use the "guess and check" method, you start by guessing a number that could be the square root of the given number. Then, you check if the number squared is equal, less than, or greater than the given number. Based on the result, you adjust your guess and repeat the process until you find the square root.

Can you explain the long division method for finding square roots?

The long division method involves breaking down the number into smaller factors and finding the square root of each factor. Once you have the square roots of the factors, you multiply them together to get the square root of the original number. It is a more time-consuming method but does not require a calculator.