What Are the Best Popular Engineering Books to Read?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a good book on engineering, not a textbook, and open to suggestions for discipline-specific books as well. The expert recommends "Engineering by Design" and "Remaking the World: Adventures in Engineering" by Henry Petroski, which are full of case studies in various disciplines. The conversation then shifts to someone requesting assistance in finding tutorials on strength of materials, specifically on double integration in beams. The expert suggests checking the MIT course site.
||spoon||
Hi,

Was wanting to read a good book on Engineering, not a textbook, just a good read on engineering in general. i.e popular books.

Not with any specific discipline in mind, but if anyone does have a discipline specific book that they think is a worthwhile read, would be interested in that aswell.

Thanks in advance.

-Spoon

Engineering news on Phys.org
I recommend Engineering by Design and Remaking the World: Adventures in Engineering, both by Henry Petroski. If you can find a copy of either of them they are full of case studies in various disciplines.

Hi,
i would be more gladden if u could assist me get access to some tutorials on strength of materials( ii) in double integration in beams.
Thank u

cant be specific about the topic, but have you tried mit course site?

What are some popular engineering books?

Some popular engineering books include "The Design of Everyday Things" by Donald Norman, "Structures: Or Why Things Don't Fall Down" by J.E. Gordon, "The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution" by Walter Isaacson, "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman, and "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries.

What are the benefits of reading popular engineering books?

Reading popular engineering books can expand your knowledge and understanding of different engineering concepts and principles. It can also inspire creativity and critical thinking, and provide insights into real-world applications of engineering.

Are popular engineering books suitable for non-engineers?

Yes, popular engineering books are often written in a way that is accessible to non-engineers. They provide a unique perspective on the world and can be beneficial for anyone interested in learning about engineering.

Do popular engineering books only focus on one specific field of engineering?

No, popular engineering books cover a wide range of topics and fields within engineering, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, and more.

Where can I find popular engineering books?

Popular engineering books can be found in most bookstores, both physical and online. They can also be found in libraries or through online platforms such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.