Exploring the Mysteries of the Universe: Questions and Theories

• Thread starter Sententia
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, Michio Kaku is a physicist who is known for his work on string theory. Some of his beliefs include the idea that the universe is infinite and that there are multiple universes. He also believes in time travel. Some of his other beliefs are that space travel is possible in the future and that black holes are portals into other universes.
Sententia
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I independently study physics, physicists, and science in my spare time. I'm fascinated by it and can't get enough, although the more I learn.. instead of finding answers I just keep getting more questions.

My questions aren't necessarily mathematical, but rather.. curiously.

1. I'm a huge fan of Michio Kaku, I sort of understand the string theory but was wondering if anyone on here believes in it, and can clarify what it is to me..

2. How big is the actual Universe, and do you believe in multi Universes ? I kind of do believe in multi Universes, but I feel it's even bigger than that.. or smaller for that matter.

3. By physics, is time travel possible and if so how ? I've heard and seen documentary's that scientists are working on a portal but couldn't see how it's plausible.

4. What are your view's on extra terrestrial life, and if at all any exists in the cosmos .. Apart of me wants to believe in the 3 stages of human civilization purposed by Dr. Kaku, but another makes me wonder..

5. I'm aware of how minuscule Earth is, and was wondering if space travel is even possible in the future, and if theirs anything more faster than light.. maybe not yet discovered.

6. I know the Universe is dispersing, expanding at great rates .. but was curious if black holes have anything to do with it, and why black holes exist. Are they portals, and does the matter just evaporate after being distorted inside one ?

My apologies if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm eager to know more about why things are the way they are.. and hear others views and theorys..

Space news on Phys.org
Ok this is a lot of questions but ill take them step by step ha ha

1. Not really sure about this one, haven't read much about it but have a basic idea aswell
2. The Actual Universe is infinite, we can only see a certain distance because light has a speed limit, and light has only been travelin since the big bang started so it has only had that amount of time to expand/move.
3. I personally believe it is possible. One way it can be done is to collect extreme amounts of energy/mass into one space, bending space onto itself and opening a portal into the future. However i don't think you can go back into the past once the machine has started,but you can go back to the moment the machine started
5. Yes i think so, once again you can use the method above to create portal but those portals can also be used to get from place to place like worm holes, also there are other forms of propulsion other than rockets like ion engines and warp drives ( i think that is what they are called) where you create a gravitational wave and ride it like a surfer.
4. sorry i skipped this one, and i think that since the universe is infinite which means billions of billions of stars with trillions and trillions of planets, one of them HAS to have life
6. The universe is expanding because of the big bang, black holes would only impeed them because gravity attracts not repels.

Lesson on black holes, Black holes are the aftermath of a Super Nova, the mass that is left over is condensed to the point in which the gravitational pull of the matter is so strong that not even light can escape it. that is why they are called black holes. Its a cliche but you should probably know this ha ha, as to them being portals i would have no idea. My guess is that something strange happens to them. Whether or not they go through a portal is up to anyone seeing as we can't know what's inside them. But i can tell you that the matter doesn't disintigrate. It can be completely dismantled, like if your body was to be thrown at one, you would eventually be pulled into a string of atoms

so does the matter in a black hole get turned into hawking radiation?

Can someone please explain in simple terms what exactly is the information paradox?

thanks.

1. What is the universe?

The universe is everything that exists, including all matter, energy, space, and time. It encompasses all galaxies, stars, planets, and other celestial bodies.

2. How big is the universe?

The exact size of the universe is unknown and constantly expanding. However, the observable universe, which is the portion of the universe that we can see, is estimated to be around 93 billion light-years in diameter.

3. How old is the universe?

The current estimated age of the universe is about 13.8 billion years. This age is based on observations of the cosmic microwave background radiation, the oldest light in the universe.

4. What is the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory is the most widely accepted scientific explanation for the origin of the universe. It states that the universe began as a singularity, an infinitely small and dense point, and has been expanding and cooling ever since.

5. Is there life on other planets?

There is currently no definitive answer to this question. While there is no evidence of intelligent life on other planets, there is a possibility of microbial life existing on other planets or moons within our own solar system.