Absorbance for Purple Solution

• Thread starter getfirefox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Absorbance
In summary, the speaker is looking for results on the internet for the persulfate variation of the iodine clock experiment. They specifically need absorbance spectroscopy results for the blue/black complex formed at the end, with a known wavelength of 570nm. They ask if anyone knows where they can find these results.
getfirefox
Hi everyone.

I don't have access to a visible spectrophotometer to do this so I'm looking for results on the internet.

I just did the persulfate variation of the iodine clock and I need absorbance spectroscopy results for the blue/black complex that is formed with the iodine and starch at the end. I know the wavelength of the spectrophotometer should be set at 570nm (yellow orange colour) as this is the complementary colour of purple. This is all I know though.

Anyone know where I might find results for this?

Cheers.

Chemistry news on Phys.org

What is absorbance for purple solution?

Absorbance is a measure of how much light is absorbed by a substance. In the case of purple solutions, it refers to the amount of light absorbed by the solution's purple color.

How is absorbance for purple solution measured?

Absorbance is typically measured using a spectrophotometer, which measures the amount of light transmitted through a sample. The more light that is absorbed, the higher the absorbance value.

What factors can affect the absorbance for purple solution?

The absorbance of a purple solution can be affected by a variety of factors, including the concentration of the solution, the path length of the light through the solution, and the wavelength of the light being used.

How is absorbance for purple solution related to concentration?

In general, the higher the concentration of a purple solution, the higher the absorbance will be. This is because a higher concentration means there are more particles in the solution to absorb the light passing through it.

What is the significance of measuring absorbance for purple solution?

Measuring absorbance for purple solutions can provide important information about the properties of the solution, such as its concentration, purity, and chemical composition. It is a valuable tool in scientific research and analysis.