PF partnership with Educator.com

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, PF and Educator.com have partnered up to offer PF members an exclusive 1 year free membership at Educator.com ($240 value, no CC required). PF feels this offer is a great resource to our community! To sign up for the exclusive offer the sign up link is in a notice message when you visit any forum in the New Members Introduction category.
PF and Educator.com have partnered up to offer PF members an exclusive 1 year free membership at Educator.com ($240 value, no CC required). Educator.com is a great online learning site with over 100 extensive video courses. Some of you may have noticed the offer message while in the science education forums or received the recent PF newsletter. PF feels this offer is a great resource to our community! To sign up for the exclusive offer the sign up link is in a notice message when you visit any forum in the New Members Introduction category.

Example
https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/new-member-introductions.240/

We welcome any feedback on the partnership and the educator.com experience. Thanks! We hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
I checked it out yesterday, first I'm going to use the grammar section to brush up on things I've forgotten over the years. Some members contacted me about this yesterday and plan to use it.

Thanks Greg!

Likes 1 person
I will most definitely be taking advantage of the programming courses to brush up on my C.

I also activated my account yesterday on Educator. There are many courses but only some of Maths and Computer Programming Languages are of College Level. Anyway it looks good.

The membership is of full one year so no Recurring, its on you want to subscribe again or not. Also some of Lecture parts available on Youtube.

I want to add that you must be logged into see the notice message in the education forums.

I wish the lectures had subtitles. :(

Thanks for this kind gift, Greg!

Holy cow!

$240 * 400,000 members = $96,000,000

I just signed up. I think I'll take the AP Chemistry Course.

One of these days I'll figure out how a potato battery works. :redface:

Likes 1 person
I am looking forward to complete my Organic Chemistry! Its really a good deal.

Yes Organic Chemistry! Maybe the only decent OC on the net currently.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I want to add that you must be logged into see the notice message in the education forums.

I'm logged in and I can't find any such message anywhere. What am I missing?

What green message is that? This is what I see

attachment.php?attachmentid=60855&stc=1&d=1376336027.jpg

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,515
I should also mention that it looks the same whether I'm using FireFox 22 or IE10

Also, Greg, while you're figuring out why I can't see the message, can you give me a link that will allow me to sign up?

Thanks,

Paul

They are time sensitive
try this quickly
https://www.educator.com/membership/physicsforums.php?promo=MjAxMy0wOC0xMiAxNjo0NjoyMA==

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
They are time sensitive
try this quickly
https://www.educator.com/membership/physicsforums.php?promo=MjAxMy0wOC0xMiAxNjo0NjoyMA==

That worked. Thanks. If I can do anything to help you figure out why the message doesn't show up for me, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhardt said:
hmmmm any other gold members not able to see the notice?
Don't see it.

phinds said:
That worked. Thanks. If I can do anything to help you figure out why the message doesn't show up for me, let me know.
When I clicked on the link, a message is displayed that says the promotional link has expired.

chemisttree said:
Don't see it.

Hmmm I just made my test account a gold member with SA/HH and it appears fine.

This is where you should see it.

Attachments

• promo.png
    promo.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 571
I've signed up and doing the Linear Algebra as a refresher. Thanks Greg.

dlgoff said:
I've signed up and doing the Linear Algebra as a refresher. Thanks Greg.

Enjoy! I'm going through Music Theory at the moment!

I have also signed up, and I think it will be a great resource as I go through Linear Algebra and Differential Equations.

Extra online assistance is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Mac

How long does this partnership last. I am planning on enrolling in the C++ course

Thanks Greg .
Enjoying with orgo.

Greg Bernhardt said:
No end date at the moment
Partnership or not, it's a great deal.

This is absolutely amazing! Since I'm 23 and deciding to enroll to college at long last (for NukeEng) and also broke at the moment, I have been looking for free material to brush up on my math and science! Signing up to the physics forums today was fate :') lol.

Mockingjay said:
This is absolutely amazing! Since I'm 23 and deciding to enroll to college at long last (for NukeEng) and also broke at the moment, I have been looking for free material to brush up on my math and science! Signing up to the physics forums today was fate :') lol.

Glad you enjoy it! Help spread the word and tell your friends about the opportunity :)

Will the opportunity expire if you close it while it is on its 'one hour count down' and come back to it at another stage? I would LOVE to sign up but I won't be able to give it my proper attention for a couple of months due to work commitments. :(

You can come back and click a new link that will give you another 1 hour to sign up. Enjoy!

This site (Physics forum) is awesome. Great to be connected here with you guys and educator.com.

-Ron