What are my options for inline TeX?

• Thread starter Jonsson
  • Start date
In summary, inline TeX is a typesetting system used for creating mathematical and scientific documents, allowing for the inclusion of equations and symbols within a text document. Its advantages include high-quality typesetting, precise control over layout and formatting, and compatibility with various languages and formats. There are several options for using it, including standalone software, online tools, and text editor plugins. While some coding knowledge can be helpful, it is not necessary for using inline TeX, and there are many resources available for learning how to use it.
Jonsson
Hello there,

I noticed I can use the traditional double $$-symbol for line-broken TeX. That is convenient.

However I discovered that $math goes here$ using single $-symbol does not work.

What are my options for inline-TeX?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Marius

Physics news on Phys.org
Instead of $$, use ## on both sides of inline math.

If ##d(f(x),f(y)) \leq s\,d(x,y)## and ##0<s<1##, then ##f## is a contraction.

Yay, it works! :)

What is inline TeX?

Inline TeX is a typesetting system used for creating mathematical and scientific documents. It allows for the inclusion of mathematical formulas and symbols within a text document.

What are the advantages of using inline TeX?

Inline TeX provides a high-quality typesetting system specifically designed for scientific and mathematical equations. It allows for precise control over the layout and formatting of equations, making them easier to read and understand. Additionally, it is compatible with various programming languages and document formats.

What are the different options for using inline TeX?

There are several options for using inline TeX, including standalone software such as TeXworks or TeXstudio, online tools like Overleaf or ShareLaTeX, and plugins for text editors like Sublime Text or Atom. Each option has its own unique features and capabilities, so it is important to choose the one that best fits your needs.

Do I need to have programming knowledge to use inline TeX?

No, you do not need programming knowledge to use inline TeX. However, some familiarity with coding can be helpful for customizing the layout and formatting of equations. Most inline TeX software also provides user-friendly interfaces for creating and editing equations.

Are there any resources available for learning how to use inline TeX?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning how to use inline TeX. These include online tutorials, user guides, and forums where you can ask questions and get help from experienced users. Some software also offers built-in help and documentation to guide you through the process of using inline TeX.