Is Copying PF Posts Allowed? - PhysicsInventions.com

• Thread starter Saitama
  • Start date
In summary, copying PF posts refers to the act of reproducing content from the online science forum PhysicsInventions.com, and it is considered plagiarism if done without proper attribution or permission. It is not recommended to use information from PF posts for research or writing purposes, and the consequences of copying without permission can range from failing grades to legal action. To share information from PF posts ethically, it is important to properly cite the source and obtain permission from the original author.
Saitama
Hello!

I recently stumbled upon this: http://physicsinventions.com/index.php/author/admin/

If you scroll down and look for older posts, you will find that the posts from Homework Section of PF are copied and pasted (without any edits) as an entry there.

Is it allowed to do so?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you for bringing it to our attention. It is being evaluated by the Admin.

Zz.

Likes 1 person
Yes thanks! We come across such infringement quite often and do what we can to have it removed.

Likes 1 person

1. What is "copying PF posts"?

Copying PF posts refers to the act of copying or reproducing posts or content from the online science forum PhysicsInventions.com, commonly known as the Physics Forums (PF).

2. Is copying PF posts considered plagiarism?

Yes, copying PF posts without proper attribution or permission from the original author is considered plagiarism, which is the act of using someone else's work without giving credit. It is a violation of ethical and academic standards.

3. Can I use information from PF posts for my own research or writing?

It is not recommended to use information from PF posts for research or writing purposes, as the forum is not a reliable source. The information is mostly user-generated and may not be verified or reviewed by experts in the field.

4. What are the consequences of copying PF posts without permission?

The consequences of copying PF posts without permission can vary. If the copied content is used for academic purposes, it may result in a failing grade or even expulsion from the institution. In other cases, it may lead to legal action for copyright infringement.

5. How can I share information from PF posts ethically?

If you want to share information from PF posts, it is important to properly cite the source and give credit to the original author. It is also recommended to ask for permission from the original author before sharing their content.