Your Most Favorite/Unfavorite Person Living Today

• Thread starter Entropy
  • Start date
In summary: Rosie O'Donnell - she's just a mean, unpleasant person. No real reason other than that.In summary, I like Roger Penrose and Stephan Hawking more, but I hate Barbra Streisand.
Forsberg sucks

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, you Canadians know nothing about hockey... :wink:

no we know lots about hocky...nothing about money.

SpaceTiger said:
Sometimes college football (Penn State alum), but the sport I like most is baseball. Always liked the Mets.
Wow, somebody else who likes the Mets AND Penn State. I like the cut of your jib sonny.

Favorite people:
Tony Kornheiser
Billy Beane

Least favorite people:
Hockey fans
Baseball haters

arildno said:
Hate list:
1. Dagfinn Høybråten
2. Kjell Magne Bondevik
Totally understandable, coming from a puffer.

3. Valgerd Svarstad Haugland
This completely beats me...that too coming from you ! Shocked ! Flabbergasted !

You did see the kiss, didn't you ?

Like:
1 Michael Wood
2 Terry Jones
3 Carl Sagan (although not living)

I normally ignore people I dislike.

neurocomp2003 said:
no we know lots about hocky...nothing about money.

Speaking of money, I'd love to see what the ticket prices would be if the Toronto Maple Leafs made the Stanley Cup Finals!

I'd say 3 times the amount of Super Bowl tickets, especially if they have Game 7.

I heard they sold all their tickets in 2 hours! One ticket goes for the price of four at other hockey franchises. It's insane. A buddy of mine won 4 tickets that were decent, and he could have sold them for $1000!

JasonRox said:
Speaking of money, I'd love to see what the ticket prices would be if the Toronto Maple Leafs made the Stanley Cup Finals!

Hell you want to put a mortgage down? Go online to find tickets after they are sold out

LeBrad said:
Wow, somebody else who likes the Mets AND Penn State. I like the cut of your jib sonny.
A combination and a form indeed
Where every god did seem to set his seal
To give the world assurance of a man. :approve:

Mm. Sorry, just couldn't resist that one. o:) Fluttering away now...

honestrosewater said:
A combination and a form indeed
Where every god did seem to set his seal
To give the world assurance of a man. :approve:
Perhaps, but I'm not going to kill him.

LeBrad said:
Perhaps, but I'm not going to kill him.
Good, because he's already dead. :tongue2:

EL said:
Like:

* Kylie Minogue's ass

With the addition of one word I totally agree.

Like,
Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman, Abdul Kalam (Our President), My Family...
Dislike,
well!, there are quite a few, i don't like naming them...

i also admire JRR Tolkien for his incredible imaginative power...

Until recently I considered John Paul II, the pope, the most admirable person alive. The worldwide commotion caused by his death was truly awesome - I can't think of anyone whose life matters so much to so many people.

Paul McCartney has been out of the spotlight for some years, but I get the impression he still has a lot of passionate admirers.

And of course Pele, the Brazilian soccer demigod, is still alive. But you folks from the US probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Gokul43201 said:
Totally understandable, coming from a puffer.
I'll huff and I'll puff until I blow your house down, or whatever else you're proud of having erected.

Last edited:
inha said:
With the addition of one word I totally agree.

Did you really think I ment the songs? :rolleyes:

EL said:
Did you really think I ment the songs? :rolleyes:

You could have meant that you think she's a wonderful person. I was just being unambiguous.

honestrosewater said:
I think this deserves an explanation.

The hottest woman to ever live needs no explanation.

hypnagogue said:
Are you a Kings fan by any chance?

Hey, I'm a lifelong Lakers fan and the man is on my hit list.

"I got injured on company time, I'll heal on company time . . . You going to pay me now, muthaf*cka?" That crap cost us a fourpeat. I hope he blows an aneurysm having to play next to Antoine Walker and Jason Williams this year. If he thought Kobe had bad shot selection at times . . .

honestrosewater said:
Loathe:
1) The Eagles.

What are you, a Bucs fan?

I hardly even follow the NFL now. Okay, I do watch two or three games every weekend and have two fantasy teams, but that isn't like I used to follow it. I stick with the college game these days. No hometown NFL team and my college doesn't have a team, so I'll stick with the Trojans I loved growing up. Good to see them on top again.

loseyourname said:
That crap cost us a fourpeat.
You have no idea how spoiled that comes across to a Knicks fan..!

loseyourname said:
I hope he blows an aneurysm having to play next to Antoine Walker and Jason Williams this year. If he thought Kobe had bad shot selection at times . . .
Yeah, I thought getting Antoine was a terrible idea for them. Just terrible. On the bright side, Walker is one of the only professional sports players whose name is supposed to sound like "an-twan," and whose name can actually be correctly pronounced by pronouncing it (roughly) phonetically.

loseyourname said:
What are you, a Bucs fan?
Yeah, but didn't you know I live in Tampa Bay? The team has changed so much since the season before the Super Bowl, I don't know, I'm still a fan, I just wish they would have done some things differently. I don't think I'll ever get over losing Lynch. :frown: I didn't think I would miss Sapp all that much, but I do. I still think they owe Dungy an apology. And how could they let McKay leave like that? And so on. The owners et al just don't seem to care about the same things I care about. Anyway, yeah, I hate the Eagles.

I knew you lived in Florida, but didn't know you lived in Tampa. Must have been tough going twenty years of your life with no championships, unless you're a college football fan, too. I can't even remember the last year that at least one LA area team didn't win it all. We really are spoiled as a sports town.

loseyourname said:
I knew you lived in Florida, but didn't know you lived in Tampa. Must have been tough going twenty years of your life with no championships, unless you're a college football fan, too. I can't even remember the last year that at least one LA area team didn't win it all. We really are spoiled as a sports town.
The Bucs did earn plenty of records... sure, not the good ones, but I think it was all his fault:
http://www.i-nflhelmet.com/buccobruce.gif
I didn't start watching until '97.

Never got into college football or any other sport. What do you guys like so much about basketball? It looks pretty boring to me. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: