Possible solutions for frozen Ti-89 Titanium calculator with Address Error

In summary, the individual recently acquired a Ti-89 Titanium calculator and attempted to transfer games onto it from their computer. However, after several attempts, they decided to download an OS called DoorsOS. Despite successfully sending the OS to the calculator, it did not work and resulted in a frozen screen with an "Address Error" message. The individual tried removing and reinserting the batteries, but the issue persisted. They also mentioned that pressing the second and green keys seemed to work, but other buttons did not register. Another person advised against putting games on TI calculators as they can cause problems. The individual was suggested to try removing the batteries for a day and then putting them back in, and if that does not work, it is unclear
Roses
So, here's the situation. I recently got a Ti-89 Titanium, and i was trying to put some games on it. I had it plugged into my computer, and i sent Phoenix, Tetris, and Falldown over to it. Going through Var-Link and selecting the program didnt seem to work, so i decided to try downloading an OS. the OS i downloaded was DoorsOS. I sent the OS over to the calculator, and it still didnt work. After a couple tries, i got "DoorsOS" to appear on the line, and i hit enter. This froze up my calculator, leaving a busy icon in the lower right, and an "Address Error" at the top. Removing batteries and putting them back in doesn't seem to work. What can i do?

Additional Information: pressing second and the green key seems to work, but i can't get any other buttons to register. Removing batteries is the only way to shut it down, and when i put it back in again it just continues the freeze error.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm new here but it you know you should never put games on your TI's. Sometimes the games can backfire and lock up your calculator. I would try taking out the batteries for a day and then putting them back in. If that doesn't work I really don't know what to tell you.

if you take out the batteries, there's another battery in there for the memory, under a screw panel i think. one of those circular 1.5v ones.

What is the "HELP Ti-89 Titanium Frozen"?

The "HELP Ti-89 Titanium Frozen" is a common issue that occurs in the TI-89 Titanium calculator, where the screen becomes unresponsive and the calculator freezes.

What causes the "HELP Ti-89 Titanium Frozen" issue?

There are a few possible causes for this issue, including low battery, outdated software, or a malfunctioning calculator. It can also occur if the calculator is used in extreme temperatures.

How can I fix the "HELP Ti-89 Titanium Frozen" issue?

If your calculator is frozen, try resetting it by removing the batteries and then putting them back in. You can also try updating the software or adjusting the temperature if you suspect that may be the cause. If the issue persists, it may require professional repair or replacement.

Can I prevent the "HELP Ti-89 Titanium Frozen" issue from happening?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent this issue, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances of it occurring. This includes keeping the calculator updated, avoiding extreme temperatures, and properly storing the calculator when not in use.

Is the "HELP Ti-89 Titanium Frozen" issue common?

Yes, this issue is fairly common among TI-89 Titanium calculators, especially those that are older or heavily used. However, with proper maintenance and care, it can be avoided or easily resolved.