Preparation and books for JAM mathematics

In summary, the conversation is about preparing for JAM 2007, an entrance test for post-graduate courses in the sciences conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). The OP asks for book recommendations and suggestions for preparation, and provides their email for further suggestions. Another user suggests searching the forum for previous discussions on the topic.
malcolmcarvalho
Hi,
I am preparing for JAM 2007 (mathematics). Which bookc should I refer? Also what kinda preparation (practice tests, etc) should I do?

Physics news on Phys.org
You may have to explain what a JAM is... :confused:

It's an entrance test conducted jointly by all the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) for post-graduate courses in the sciences.

malcolmcarvalho said:
Please email me at malcolm.carvalho@gmail.com if you you have any suggestions.

Don't you think other people might be interested in those suggestions? :confused:

jtbell said:
Don't you think other people might be interested in those suggestions? :confused:
As they were their only two posts, chances are they won't be coming back to look.

J77 said:
As they were their only two posts, chances are they won't be coming back to look.

Is there anyone who could seriously help?

Last edited:

1. What is the best way to prepare for JAM mathematics?

The best way to prepare for JAM mathematics is to start early and create a study plan. Make sure you cover all the topics and practice with previous years' question papers. Also, refer to standard textbooks for a thorough understanding of concepts.

2. Are there any specific books that are recommended for JAM mathematics preparation?

There are a few books that are highly recommended for JAM mathematics preparation, such as "Mathematics for JAM" by S. Chand Publications, "How to Crack JAM Mathematics" by Arihant Publications, and "IIT JAM Mathematics" by Wiley Publications. It's best to choose one or two books and stick to them for a comprehensive understanding of the subject.

3. How important is previous years' question papers for JAM mathematics preparation?

Previous years' question papers are crucial for JAM mathematics preparation as they give you an idea of the exam pattern, types of questions asked, and the level of difficulty. It's recommended to solve as many papers as possible to improve your time management and problem-solving skills.

4. Is it necessary to join a coaching institute for JAM mathematics preparation?

No, it's not necessary to join a coaching institute for JAM mathematics preparation. With self-discipline and dedication, you can prepare for the exam on your own. However, if you feel the need for guidance and structured study, you can join a coaching institute.

5. How can I improve my speed and accuracy in solving JAM mathematics questions?

The key to improving speed and accuracy in solving JAM mathematics questions is to practice regularly. Solve as many problems as possible, and time yourself to improve your speed. Also, make sure to revise regularly to retain the concepts and formulas. Additionally, you can use tricks and shortcuts to solve problems quickly.