Texas ti89 or casio classpad 330

• Calculators
  • Thread starter blsky400
  • Start date
  • Tags
    casio
In summary, the conversation is about someone wanting to buy a new calculator and asking for recommendations between the Texas TI89 and Casio Classpad 330. An electrical engineer recommends the TI-89, specifically the titanium edition, for its additional keys and the included program EEPro for electrical calculations. They also mention that TI products are generally better built. One person asks if anyone still uses dedicated pocket calculators, as they do their calculations on their PC or mentally. The conversation ends with someone asking what program the person uses on their PC.
blsky400
hi, i want to buy a new calculator because the old one is too weak but i can't decide between the texas ti89 and casio classpad 330. please help me, as an electrical engineer which one is better and what's the diffrence?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I can personally recommend the TI-89, but I haven't used the other product. The TI-89 has a lot more keys, which I can't imagine doing without.

tnx. but in other abilitiesm, what's the the diffrences?

I Would definitely recommend the TI-89... specifically the titanium edition. the main advantage would be the program EEPro that is included with it. very useful for any electrical calculations. I'm not sure how it compares to Casio, but from past experience TI products are much better built.

Do any of you guys still really use dedicated pocket calculators? I find myself doing all my math via PC, mentally, or using my iPod touch. It's quite rare that I ever use my TI89 any more.

I do my calculation on my ti-89 mainly because I don't own a laptop and am not always at a computer, but out of curiosity. What program do you use on your pc?

What is the difference between Texas ti89 and Casio Classpad 330?

The main difference between these two calculators is the operating system. The Texas ti89 uses a proprietary operating system called TI-OS, while the Casio Classpad 330 uses a proprietary operating system called ClassPad OS. Additionally, the ti89 has a QWERTY keyboard, while the Classpad 330 has a touchpad and stylus for input.

Which calculator is better for graphing and solving equations?

Both the Texas ti89 and Casio Classpad 330 are excellent for graphing and solving equations. However, the ti89 has a larger screen and faster processing speed, making it better for more complex equations and graphs.

Can I use these calculators in standardized tests?

It depends on the specific test and the rules set by the testing organization. In general, both the Texas ti89 and Casio Classpad 330 are allowed on most standardized tests, but they may have certain restrictions. It is important to check with the testing organization beforehand.

Do these calculators have programming capabilities?

Yes, both the Texas ti89 and Casio Classpad 330 have programming capabilities. However, the Classpad 330 has a more robust programming language, allowing for more complex programs and applications to be created.

Which calculator is more user-friendly?

This is subjective and ultimately depends on the user's personal preference. Both the Texas ti89 and Casio Classpad 330 have a learning curve and may require some time to get used to. However, the Classpad 330 has a more intuitive touchpad and stylus interface, while the ti89 has a more traditional keyboard layout.