Would you date a girl with tatoos?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, you would not date a girl because she has a nice house on the inside but an ugly exterior.
BobG said:
Only a little bit to clean a grass clump from the chute ... and I kept my fingers parallel to the blades just in case I misjudged it. Putting my fingers in perpendicular to the blades would have been stupid. :uhh:

Wait. You did this while it was on?

Given a choice between a woman covered head-to-toe in tats and BobG's death wish, I'd dump BobG and date the Illustrated Woman.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
If a total stranger grabbed my arm and pulled me by it, he'd be lucky if I didn't call the cops, let alone cause serious bodily injury to get free of his grip. Sorry, but that part was incredibly rude, and I don't know why she was even willing to talk to you after that. It's one thing to show curiosity about her tattoos by asking about them and another to grab her arm uninvited.

We weren't there. Without context, only Cyrus knows if it was appropriate.

DaveC426913 said:
We weren't there. Without context, only Cyrus knows if it was appropriate.

I can only go by what he described here. The way he described it sounded rather forceful. He's now clarified that his words were exaggerated.

Moonbear said:
I can only go by what he described here. The way he described it sounded rather forceful. He's now clarified that his words were exaggerated.

It was for dramatico effect! :redface:

Cyrus said:

Then don't be surprised when we're dramatically worried you're being offensive. :wink:

Cyrus said:

You could have also mentioned that you were exaggerating when I specifically quoted you and asked you about your behaviour. You reiterated that that was precisely what you'd done; you didn't mention "dramatic effect" then.

Getting back to the topic, years ago, I would have immediately discounted dating someone because of a tattoo because tattoos weren't mainstream, they weren't particularly well done or art, (okay I'm talking years, and years ago, here) and they tended to be an indicator of a person having been in prison and/or somehow related to a criminal element or biker gang. Truly, way back, those were about the only people who had tattoos.

Today, they're much more mainstream, much more artistic, and can be a symbol or a statement without necessarily having any negative associations attached to them. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I have to admit, I'd hesitate.

Last edited:
The most wonderful, amazing, and beautiful woman I ever dated was physically deformed. It did not daunt me in the least. And I've yet to meet as gorgeous a woman as she is. She would have had tattoos except it might have upset her family.

Despite what I may have said in this thread (I've been somewhat neutral, slightly against tattoos), I've realized that I actually like it when a girl has a tattoo.

However, I do dislike when the tattoos cover an entire arm... leave that to male drummers.

Cyrus said:
Why, how out-of-character for you. :rolleyes:

moose said:
Despite what I may have said in this thread (I've been somewhat neutral, slightly against tattoos), I've realized that I actually like it when a girl has a tattoo.

However, I do dislike when the tattoos cover an entire arm... leave that to male drummers.

And that's another good point. It's not just have or have not, but how big, how much, what the content is, etc. Someone might find a little rose or butterfly on the hip to be very attractive while an entire sleeve of skulls and crossbones, dripping blood, and fanged creatures could be downright frightening.

I think Georgina brings up a good point about generational differences too. Tattoos are much more common among young adults, and even teens, than when I was growing up. They used to be associated with "thugs" (gang members, prison inmates), bikers (right or wrong, it was viewed as associated with a rough, rabble-rousing subset), and ex-military (usually the insignia of their branch of the military). "Nice" people didn't get tattoos, and the only women with tattoos were the "biker chicks." Since just getting a tattoo was a high risk behavior in those days (nobody had cracked down on tattoo parlors regarding hygiene or proper sterilization of needles, etc.), the people displaying them were showing that they were the type who engaged in some form of high risk behavior.

As tattoos have become more mainstream, some of that association with high-risk behaviors is lessening, though I still think there is some level of risk-taking in getting a tattoo regardless of how much better tattoo parlors are regulated (just the willingness to endure the pain of it seems to indicate something about risk tolerance), so that's not entirely diminished. But, as this generation ages, it may be easier to explain the tattoos as the "young and stupid" stage of life that they've outgrown.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What do you think about dating someone with tattoos?</h2><p>As a scientist, my personal opinions on dating someone with tattoos do not affect my answer. However, studies have shown that individuals with tattoos are often perceived as more rebellious and less conventional, which may be a factor to consider in a potential relationship.</p><h2>2. Are there any health risks associated with dating someone with tattoos?</h2><p>No, there are no health risks specifically associated with dating someone with tattoos. As long as proper hygiene and safety precautions are taken during the tattooing process, there should be no concerns.</p><h2>3. Do people with tattoos have a certain personality or character traits?</h2><p>There is no scientific evidence to suggest that people with tattoos have a specific personality or character traits. It is important to remember that tattoos are a form of self-expression and do not define a person's entire identity.</p><h2>4. Would dating someone with tattoos affect my own personal image or reputation?</h2><p>Again, this is a subjective question and may vary based on personal opinions and societal norms. However, it is important to remember that a person's worth is not solely based on their appearance or the presence of tattoos.</p><h2>5. Is it common for scientists to have tattoos?</h2><p>There is no data on the prevalence of tattoos among scientists. However, it is becoming more socially acceptable and common for professionals, including scientists, to have visible tattoos. Ultimately, a person's career should not be determined by their physical appearance.</p>

1. What do you think about dating someone with tattoos?

As a scientist, my personal opinions on dating someone with tattoos do not affect my answer. However, studies have shown that individuals with tattoos are often perceived as more rebellious and less conventional, which may be a factor to consider in a potential relationship.

2. Are there any health risks associated with dating someone with tattoos?

No, there are no health risks specifically associated with dating someone with tattoos. As long as proper hygiene and safety precautions are taken during the tattooing process, there should be no concerns.

3. Do people with tattoos have a certain personality or character traits?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that people with tattoos have a specific personality or character traits. It is important to remember that tattoos are a form of self-expression and do not define a person's entire identity.

4. Would dating someone with tattoos affect my own personal image or reputation?

Again, this is a subjective question and may vary based on personal opinions and societal norms. However, it is important to remember that a person's worth is not solely based on their appearance or the presence of tattoos.

5. Is it common for scientists to have tattoos?

There is no data on the prevalence of tattoos among scientists. However, it is becoming more socially acceptable and common for professionals, including scientists, to have visible tattoos. Ultimately, a person's career should not be determined by their physical appearance.